2021 Reflection 28BH no power to camera prewire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2021 Reflection 28BH no power to camera prewire

Does anyone know where the power comes from on a 2021 Reflection 28BH for the furrion prewire. It has no power with lights on, in reverse, battery disconnect on etc. I’m thinking I need to trace it but not sure where to start. Has anyone else run into this?

Have you verified with a meter there is no power or just tried a camera? Color codes may not be what most people are used to and reversed wiring is common.
    John & Kathy
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    2014 F250 SC SB 6.2

Comment

Originally posted by Stanleyfink2000 View Post
      Does anyone know where the power comes from on a 2021 Reflection 28BH for the furrion prewire. It has no power with lights on, in reverse, battery disconnect on etc. I’m thinking I need to trace it but not sure where to start. Has anyone else run into this?
      As John mentioned it could be wired wrong. It should be to the clearance light power so on when TV lights are on. It could be the plug came loose too. Just unscrew the camera mount from the trailer and slowly pull the wires out, then use a multi meter to check what it what.

Hope this helps
      Keith
      2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Thanks guys. I never thought about reverse polarity. Found where it was connected on the far right clearance light. Swapped the wires and it works now. 👍

Comment

I was in hopes that my unit would be plug & play but no luck. I found the issue in the far right clearance light, the same as Stanleyfink2000. Firstly, I found one of the camera wires was not connected to the quick connects within the cavity. I connected the wire and still had no power to the camera. I secondly reversed the wiring, as indicated by previous posts that reverse polarity could be an issue, and that resolved it. I put everything back together and tested it prior to applying fresh silicone. All is working well now. Click image for larger version

Name:	AC7BCF99-2389-4C67-8B8F-485EE6A5E606.jpeg
Views:	266
Size:	52.0 KB
ID:	75571
          Attached Files
          Duane & Shanna
          2021 Reflection 315RLTS
          2022 Ford F250 6.7L Lariat FX4

Comment

UtanaWohali

You found those wago connectors in the wall behind the light? Or add them yourself?
            2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
            2021 303RLS
            Electricians were created because engineers need heroes too...

Comment

They were behind the light.
              Duane & Shanna
              2021 Reflection 315RLTS

Comment

UtanaWohali

Welcome to the forum! It's probably too late, but if you still have the marker lights off, consider putting some sealant on the screws before reinstalling them. You could also put some sealant in the wiring exit hole for additional protection. This is certainly not an original idea of mine, just part of the wealth of information shared by others here.
                Last edited by StephenO; 01-31-2022, 01:30 PM.
                2019 Imagine 2400BH
                2019 F150 XLT Super Crew, EcoBoost, 6.5' box, Max tow package with 3.55 ratio

Comment

Fortunately, I’ve been in Construction/Construction Management for more than 30 years. I most definitely applied silicone to the screws, as well as applying a bead along the top and sides of each component, only leaving the bottom silicone free to allow for weeping should any moisture find it’s way in.
                  Duane & Shanna
                  2021 Reflection 315RLTS

Comment

Originally posted by UtanaWohali View Post
                    Fortunately, I’ve been in Construction/Construction Management for more than 30 years. I most definitely applied silicone to the screws, as well as applying a bead along the top and sides of each component, only leaving the bottom silicone free to allow for weeping should any moisture find it’s way in.
                    Very cool!

So when they built my house, why did they.....

I kid of course, but again welcome!
                    2019 Imagine 2400BH
                    2019 F150 XLT Super Crew, EcoBoost, 6.5' box, Max tow package with 3.55 ratio

Comment

Working...
                    X