Number #1 awning question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Number #1 awning question

So last week while camping, I used the Compass Connect to extend the number 1 awning. Later in the day as the winds picked up, I tried using the app again to retract it. On the app, it said the awning was “ready”, however, I couldn’t get it to retract. I went inside to the command center and tried retracting using the rocker switch. Still nothing. I disconnected all power to the camper and reset it. Still nothing. Ended up manually retracting the awning using an impact wrench and socket. The next morning, I tried the system again and I was able to use the command center rocker switch to extend/retract the awning. It worked normal again. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions as to why this happened?
    David&Leslie
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    2019 Ram 2500 6.4L

Originally posted by David Frederick View Post
    So last week while camping, I used the Compass Connect to extend the number 1 awning. Later in the day as the winds picked up, I tried using the app again to retract it. On the app, it said the awning was “ready”, however, I couldn’t get it to retract. I went inside to the command center and tried retracting using the rocker switch. Still nothing. I disconnected all power to the camper and reset it. Still nothing. Ended up manually retracting the awning using an impact wrench and socket. The next morning, I tried the system again and I was able to use the command center rocker switch to extend/retract the awning. It worked normal again. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions as to why this happened?
    This is just a guess, but a loose connection somewhere. If you have a multi meter you can possible check everything, including the switch. If it's bad or failing I don't think the remote will work. Maybe start there and check the switch connections and how the terminals were crimped.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

David Frederick -- I agree w Yoda . Issue is likely on the awning itself (wiring).
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Ok thanks. I will further investigate with a multimeter and let you know if I find anything.
        David&Leslie
        2021 Reflection 303RLS
        2019 Ram 2500 6.4L

Comment

I'm betting the problem is Compass Connect. It is a bit 'buggy'.
          2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
          2021 303RLS
          Electricians were created because engineers need heroes too...

Comment

Working...
          X