Mysterious response

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mysterious response

I recently installed a Dometic Macerating toilet in our 303RLS. It draws 20 amps off the 12v DC side of the Power panel. I installed it using one of the empty fuse locations. We love the new edition and makes for a somewhat less stressful black tank draining process. However I was sitting watching TV in my loungechair while the DW used the privy. When I heard the toilet flush and immediately the Pantry light came on. I am sure there's a small voltage drop over the whole 12v system when the motor starts. This drop is what I think causes the motion activated Pantry light to react. Any electrical gurus have another idea?

Maybe a mouse in the pantry?
    If motion lights come on with a lowered voltage, you should get similar responses from the other motion lights. Also it should come on fairly repeatably when the commode is used.
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
    2021 303RLS
    Electricians were created because engineers need heroes too...

Comment

Hahahaha no mouse in the Pantry, but everytime the commode is flushed that Pantry light comes on. I will have to set the front compartment and center pass thru lights to react to motion and see if they react as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Cqyqte View Post
        I recently installed a Dometic Macerating toilet in our 303RLS. It draws 20 amps off the 12v DC side of the Power panel. I installed it using one of the empty fuse locations. We love the new edition and makes for a somewhat less stressful black tank draining process. However I was sitting watching TV in my loungechair while the DW used the privy. When I heard the toilet flush and immediately the Pantry light came on. I am sure there's a small voltage drop over the whole 12v system when the motor starts. This drop is what I think causes the motion activated Pantry light to react. Any electrical gurus have another idea?
        Our pantry light comes on whenever the vent fan over the stove (in the range hood) is turned on. I attribute it to vibration. The range hood fan is pretty fast. Our pantry is right next to the range.

I know your toilet is a good distance from the pantry but maybe it is sending some vibrations that way.
        Mike & Lisa
        Central Florida
        2021 Imagine 2970RL
        1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Comment

Originally posted by OurNewEra View Post
          I know your toilet is a good distance from the pantry but maybe it is sending some vibrations that way.
          Depends on what you had for supper........

Just for the heck of it, I think I'll put the pantry light on motion detect and turn the AC on high...just curious if I can create the same 'mysterious response'
          Tomorrow though. It's too late today.
          2021 303RLS

Comment

Does your motion light(s) come on after a power outage? How about a temporary power drop? Cqyqte may be right and it is the 12-volt system adjusting to the added load that is turning the pantry light on. Not so much a drop in amperage, but when it ramps back up the light is sensing a resumption of power.
            John
            2018 Momentum 395M
            2018 Ram 3500 Dually
            Every day is a Saturday, but with no lawn to mow.

Comment

I turned on the pantry motion light and all the other lights in the trailer then started the a/c on high. Didn't get the motion light to come on.

Ah..never mind. AC is 120. Not going to draw down the 12vdc anyway...oh well.
              2021 303RLS

Comment

Working...
              X