Wiring to the WFCO Converter & Adding power connections at bedside

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiring to the WFCO Converter & Adding power connections at bedside

The WF-8735P converter/power center circuit label inside the DC section has several errors. Maybe some of you can help me understand the circuits.
    Circuit #1 is labeled control center and it has a 15 amp fuse. The output wire from the power converter is brown, but his wire does not go anywhere; it is capped off with an insulated crimp connector.
    Circuit #5 is labeled awning and the label shows a 15 amp fuse, but there is actually a 30 amp fuse in this position. This Green converter output wire is connected to a #10 gauge red/black wire. Does this go to the awning, or where?
    There is a #10 gauge red/white wire connected to the #8 gauge red wire coming from the battery disconnect switch and the #10 red wire on into the converter panel at circuit #6 with a 30 amp fuse. Anyone know where this red/white connects?

I'm trying to trace down wiring to connect a higher current load at the bedside (CPCP) via a cigar lighter plug on each side of the bed. I can get the positive 12 volts right at the battery disconnect switch, but cannot find a convenient negative connection with appropriate #10 gauge wire. Any ideas? The USB connector wiring here is way too small a gauge for the CPCP power requirement.

You need to tell us what model (and year) camper you have, since each floorplan has a different layout.

For ME, I have a Imagine 2800BH. I mounted a Blue Sea Fuse Block (https://amzn.to/3kRiZfK) inside the Universal Dock in the pass through, and ran a 8AWG to the camper steel for a ground. I then wired my USB ports for the bed to this block. You could substitute the 12Volt Power port for USB.
    Mike
    2017 Imagine 2800BH pushing a 2019 Ford F150 Platinum

Formerly: 2002 Rockwood Popup

Comment

Originally posted by Oscar View Post
      The WF-8735P converter/power center circuit label inside the DC section has several errors. Maybe some of you can help me understand the circuits.
      Circuit #1 is labeled control center and it has a 15 amp fuse. The output wire from the power converter is brown, but his wire does not go anywhere; it is capped off with an insulated crimp connector.
      Circuit #5 is labeled awning and the label shows a 15 amp fuse, but there is actually a 30 amp fuse in this position. This Green converter output wire is connected to a #10 gauge red/black wire. Does this go to the awning, or where?
      There is a #10 gauge red/white wire connected to the #8 gauge red wire coming from the battery disconnect switch and the #10 red wire on into the converter panel at circuit #6 with a 30 amp fuse. Anyone know where this red/white connects?

I'm trying to trace down wiring to connect a higher current load at the bedside (CPCP) via a cigar lighter plug on each side of the bed. I can get the positive 12 volts right at the battery disconnect switch, but cannot find a convenient negative connection with appropriate #10 gauge wire. Any ideas? The USB connector wiring here is way too small a gauge for the CPCP power requirement.
      Oscar run a separate circuit from the battery through a separate fuse block as shown in this thread. None of the wiring provided by GD will handle a CPAP. Been there and added up the existing loads - just cant be done. Separate is safer too. The fuse block gives you the negative connection - just tie it to the frame somewhere.
      https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...wer-in-bedroom
      2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Thanks so much Yoda! I was thinking along the same lines as you because I also tried the original GD wiring to run our CPAPs. Didn't work! On our unit the bed is right at the front next to the main battery disconnect switch so getting the 12 volt + will be a cinch. Problem is the 12 volt negative. Guess I'll have to pull off the plastic underneath to get to that.
        Oscar

Comment

Thinks Mike
          We have a 2021 Imagine 22 RBE. I'll try grounding to the trailer frame if I can find a easy place to connect. I hadn't considered that.

Comment

Looking at the photo's on Grand Design's site, you should be able to remove the side panel, and access the steel (Black, not the aluminum up top) to get a good solid ground.

If you remove these three screws, the small panel on the side should come off. There might be more screws up against the pass though wall holding it, you will have to check.

Click image for larger version

Name:	22RBE.png
Views:	495
Size:	825.4 KB
ID:	65018
            Mike
            2017 Imagine 2800BH pushing a 2019 Ford F150 Platinum

Formerly: 2002 Rockwood Popup

Comment

Thanks; I'll try that.

Comment

Working...