Holding Tank 12VDC heating pads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holding Tank 12VDC heating pads

I have a 2019 315RLTS Travel Trailer. The advertisements, etc boast Heating Pads on the RV holding tanks. The question I have is how are these circuits controlled? Thermostatically automatic, ???
    Last edited by howson; 11-03-2019, 06:31 AM.

Welcome to the forum Mikey. I've never heard of holding tank heating pads on the Reflection line, so I thought you were mistaken. But sure enough, on the 315 list of features, it lists 12V holding tank heating pads. This was quite a surprise, so I went to the latest owner's manual to see what the instructions stated. Sure enough, there is not an updated owner's manual with information.

I'm hoping an owner with first hand knowledge will weigh in on this topic.
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by Mikey8600 View Post
      I have a 2019 315RLTS Travel Trailer. The advertisements, etc boast Heating Pads on the RV holding tanks. The question I have is how are these circuits controlled? Thermostatically automatic, ???
      I have a '19, too. If it has 12V Heat Pads on the holding tanks that's news to me. (Mine's really a late '18 with a '19 sticker.)

(Removed tag to Megan and clip from specs based on Chiefblueman 's post. I think he nailed it on the head--those of us with early '19 models don't have the heaters, mid-to-late '19s have them. If you have the new graphic design--stickers--you've probably got heaters.)
      Attached Files
      Last edited by howson; 11-03-2019, 11:35 AM.
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
      2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by Mikey8600 View Post
        Mikey, I have a late 2020 315RLTS with the Pebble interior. It has tank heaters. The switch is in the control panel, appropriately labeled. Were the heaters possibly part of the mid year changes?
        2020 Reflection 315RLTS 2016 Silverado 2500HD
        "Use your head for something besides a hat rack"......my Dad.

Comment

I have a 2020 297rsts and it also has tank heaters and is also labeled in the control panel.

Comment

I have a 2021 297rsts and it does not have them although the the website shows having them. Took delivery in January. Called GD waiting on a response. Maybe they ran out???

Well as it turns out I do have a switch on the control panel for the tank heaters. So they are on my unit. Sorry I missed it.
            Last edited by baldwga; 02-02-2021, 11:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by baldwga View Post
              I have a 2021 297rsts and it does not have them although the the website shows having them. Took delivery in January. Called GD waiting on a response. Maybe they ran out???

Well as it turns out I do have a switch on the control panel for the tank heaters. So they are on my unit. Sorry I missed it.
              Glad you figured it out. Noted that was your first post, so please check out the Welcome Letter to New Members https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members Hopefully it helps you get the most out of your time here on the forum.

Howard
              Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
              2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

I have 2021 303RLS and sent GD an email , when you turn the switch on it activates the heating pads but they will come only when the temperature drops below 40F.
                2019 2500 RAM Laramie diesel 4x4 2021 303RLS vin 573FR3321M9907669

Comment

Working...
                X