Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No GFCI Outlet - 2019 Imagine XLS 17MKE

Good evening everyone,

Been doing a ton of reading and cant find anything close to what my problem is. So i suddenly stopped getting power to the outlets inside the trailer, and i have all the sympoms of a tripped GFCI oulet causing the loss of power to the other outlets. PROBLEM IS, I cant find the main GFCI outlet in the trailer!! I looked everywhre and just cant find it (truly hope someone calls me out and makes me feel stupid), all outlets have a white sticker saying theyre GFCI protected, but no of them have the button to reset.

I checked the breaker and it works fine, flips on and off, without a problem. The manual tells me the reset the button on the GFCI outlet, but again i cant find it. Any help will be much appreciated, please!

Or if someone can guide me on how to find the wiring guide to my trailer, that will also be appreciated. Thank you all in advance for your help.
    Last edited by Frank319; 12-27-2021, 01:22 AM.

Paul & Deb
    Hi Paul,

Do you recall where the GFCI control outlet is on the Imagine 17?

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
    2015 Reflection 303RLS
    2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Frank319 View Post
      Good evening everyone,

Been doing a ton of reading and cant find anything close to what my problem is. So i suddenly stopped getting power to the outlets inside the trailer, and i have all the sympoms of a tripped GFCI oulet causing the loss of power to the other outlets. PROBLEM IS, I cant find the main GFCI outlet in the trailer!! I looked everywhre and just cant find it (truly hope someone calls me out and makes me feel stupid), all outlets have a white sticker saying theyre GFCI protected, but no of them have the button to reset.

I checked the breaker and it works fine, flips on and off, without a problem. The manual tells me the reset the button on the GFCI outlet, but again i cant find it. Any help will be much appreciated, please!

Or if someone can guide me on how to find the wiring guide to my trailer, that will also be appreciated. Thank you all in advance for your help.
      Is it possible your rig has a GFCI breaker instead of an outlet? If so the reset button would be on the breaker. (Sample photo below, not RV but you get the idea)

Click image for larger version

Name:	F9D064D4-4329-4DF9-8972-28F706F6A3F8.jpeg
Views:	606
Size:	37.2 KB
ID:	73007
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.​

Neil Citro
      2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
      2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Do you have an outlet in the wet bay?

Comment

Good evening everyone,

Hopefully Paul & Deb checks in soon.

From what I can see on GD's "plan" for the 17MKE (it's not a schematic and definitely not a wiring diagram). In your trailer there could be:

- a GFCI outlet in the passthru, on the water panel, above the battery disconnect
          - a GFCI on the end of the kitchen island, door end
          - a GFCI just past the sink, toward's the rear of the camper
          - a GFCI outside(?) on the camp side of the trailer almost inline with the one just past the sink.
          - a GFCI in the bathroom over the sink

It's easy to confirm if the outlets you think are GFCI related are powered or not by using an inexpensive outlet tester. (Yes, you could simply plug in any ol' device but the tester is a good tool to have in the toolbox IMHO.)

Name:	outlet tester.JPG
Views:	654
Size:	54.1 KB
ID:	73011

The parts lookup site shows the GFCI outlet is a Leviton...but Neil could be right (there's been a lot of substitutions on the production line). https://www.granddesignrv.com/owner-...s/detail/67654

Please report back when you find it.

Howard
          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
          2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Good evening everyone,

Frank
            Mine is located in the bathroom on the wall by the sink. You need to look carefully as it is all black and the reset buttons blend in. Different model then you have but from posts I know a lot are located in the bathroom. Please post back when you find it.
            Happy New Year
            Keith
            2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post
              Paul & Deb
              Hi Paul,

Do you recall where the GFCI control outlet is on the Imagine 17?

Rob
              Ahh, I've been sitting racking my brain and I can't remember for sure but I think it was the outlet in the bathroom, as Yoda suggested. That's also where it is in my 22MLE. It's kind of hard to see because it's not on the wall facing you, it's on the cabinet bottom facing down.

This picture was from my 17MKE and I really can't tell if it's a GFI or not

Paul and Deb Cervone
              2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
              2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE - SOLD; 2015 Reflection 337RLS - SOLD
              2016 GMC Denali 3500 SRW

Comment

The white sticker indicates that it is GFCI.
                Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
                Nash County, NC
                2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Originally posted by ncitro View Post

Is it possible your rig has a GFCI breaker instead of an outlet? If so the reset button would be on the breaker. (Sample photo below, not RV but you get the idea)

Name:	F9D064D4-4329-4DF9-8972-28F706F6A3F8.jpeg
Views:	606
Size:	37.2 KB
ID:	73007
                  The rig does have a breaker for the outlets inside. Unknown if it is GFCI rater and/or acting as the sole GFCI protector for all the outlets. I really doubt it, as i checked the connections to it and theyre fine, and the breaker flips on/off without problem. My next step if i cant find the GFCI outlet will be checking if the breaker is receiving power.

Comment

Originally posted by Canuckcamper View Post
                    Do you have an outlet in the wet bay?
                    I could not find one... I will look again first thing tomorrow..

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

Hopefully Paul & Deb checks in soon.

From what I can see on GD's "plan" for the 17MKE (it's not a schematic and definitely not a wiring diagram). In your trailer there could be:

- a GFCI outlet in the passthru, on the water panel, above the battery disconnect -
                      - a GFCI on the end of the kitchen island, door end
                      - a GFCI just past the sink, toward's the rear of the camper
                      - a GFCI outside(?) on the camp side of the trailer almost inline with the one just past the sink.
                      - a GFCI in the bathroom over the sink

It's easy to confirm if the outlets you think are GFCI related are powered or not by using an inexpensive outlet tester. (Yes, you could simply plug in any ol' device but the tester is a good tool to have in the toolbox IMHO.)

Name:	outlet tester.JPG
Views:	654
Size:	54.1 KB
ID:	73011

The parts lookup site shows the GFCI outlet is a Leviton...but Neil could be right (there's been a lot of substitutions on the production line). https://www.granddesignrv.com/owner-...s/detail/67654

Please report back when you find it.

Howard
                      I will check the areas you mentioned. I have possession of a tester, but i am very confident the "unfound" GFCI outlet has been tripped and all other outlets will be dead.. I'm 99.99% im missed it somewhere, and i spent lots of time looking in every possible spot but some of the areas of mentioned i'd have to revisit.. Thank you for the input!!

Comment

Originally posted by Yoda View Post

Frank
                        Mine is located in the bathroom on the wall by the sink. You need to look carefully as it is all black and the reset buttons blend in. Different model then you have but from posts I know a lot are located in the bathroom. Please post back when you find it.
                        Happy New Year
                        Keith
                        Doing this first thing in the morning... I have a feeling this will be the spot.. getting ready to apologize and say how stupid i was.. Thank you for pointing me here..

Comment

Originally posted by Paul & Deb View Post

Ahh, I've been sitting racking my brain and I can't remember for sure but I think it was the outlet in the bathroom, as Yoda suggested. That's also where it is in my 22MLE. It's kind of hard to see because it's not on the wall facing you, it's on the cabinet bottom facing down.

This picture was from my 17MKE and I really can't tell if it's a GFI or not

Yup, as replied to Yoda, im looking here tomorrow morning.. You guys are pointing to me to the right places, exactly why i came here.. Thank you!

Comment

Frank319 Frank, it's going to be in the last place you look, and most likely it will be one that you have looked at 10X already (know this from experience). Most, not all, but most GFCI breakers are near one of the sinks (don't ask me why because that is the last place I would put one), or near a wet location.

I'm guessing you checked all exterior outlets not just the ones in the wet area or in the passthrough? You might try looking in the breaker panel to see if you can tell (may or may not point you in the right direction) which way the wiring for the GFCI goes. Another trick is to get a NC voltage tester and turn off everything but what you are looking for, from there start probing receptacles, and rubbing walls near receptacles (test with known good ones first) to see if you can trace the wire through the wall (been there done that more than once) to the offending device)
                            Joseph
                            Tow
                            Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                            Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                            South of Houston Texas

Comment

I am not near my 22MLE right now. But if memory serves.......all my outlets are on 1 circuit and the GFI is in the wet-bay convenience-center thing in the front pass-thru storage. Maybe it is the same for 17MKE ?

Name:	22mle.JPG
Views:	702
Size:	123.3 KB
ID:	73230

Bill M.
                              2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE
                              2021 F-150 3.5L EcoBoost

Comment

Working...
                              X