Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Momentum 23G/21G LiFePO Lithium Battery Location?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Momentum 23G/21G LiFePO Lithium Battery Location?

Hi GDRVOwners,

I'm looking to upgrade my new 23G batteries to LiFePO's before the weather warms up. I've read that someone installed (2) Battle Born batteries under the bed of a 30G. But before I take my bed apart has anyone done this to their 23G/21G? If so, how did you route your cables and did you cut an access panel so you can access the batteries with the slide closed?

Also, what would be the best method to fish wires from the exterior storage cabinet area to the TV controls area without dropping the undercarriage? Ideally I'd like to mount my inverter switch and Victron monitor in the main control panel area.

Thanks,

cire There are a few of us 21G owners that are considering the same thing. First question, do you have the onboard generator? If you do, it takes all the space below the bed. If you don't, that's a great place for some batteries (and inverter, solar charge controller).

Personally, I don't see a way to route wiring from center control panel to exterior storage areas without dropping the coroplast, or (somehow) going through the attic space (between roof and ceiling).

I plan to drop a section of the coroplast to run the HDMI cable from the Cerbo GX to the GX Touch. Because I have the generator, under the bed won't work so the long, skinny outside storage area is where they will be. The invertor, solar charge controller will be under the master closet area so wiring will be very short and easy. The most difficult wiring, in my opinion, is going to be the new solar panels to the new solar charge controller.

If you do the install, please provide pics and details for us who are planning very similar projects.
    Allen

2021 Momentum 21G

Comment

Thanks acoleman43!

I do have the generator and 300W solar panel kit from the factory. Our storage compartment is so tiny I was hoping to not have to use it for batteries lol. I'll share my install here once I get it started.

Comment

Originally posted by cire View Post
        Thanks acoleman43!

I do have the generator and 300W solar panel kit from the factory. Our storage compartment is so tiny I was hoping to not have to use it for batteries lol. I'll share my install here once I get it started.
        cire -- that would be great if you'd document your install. When you get a chance, please fill out your sig line and, if you haven't already, check out the Welcome Letter that has lots of tips on forum usage. It's designed to help you get the most from your time here on our forum. https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members

Howard
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
        2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by cire View Post
          Hi GDRVOwners,

I'm looking to upgrade my new 23G batteries to LiFePO's before the weather warms up. I've read that someone installed (2) Battle Born batteries under the bed of a 30G. But before I take my bed apart has anyone done this to their 23G/21G? If so, how did you route your cables and did you cut an access panel so you can access the batteries with the slide closed?

Also, what would be the best method to fish wires from the exterior storage cabinet area to the TV controls area without dropping the undercarriage? Ideally I'd like to mount my inverter switch and Victron monitor in the main control panel area.

Thanks,
          In looking at your floor plan you may have a black tank vent in the wall behind the TV. On my unit there was extra room beside the vent to run wires, and with the bath fan vent near there you can remove the trim ring to check. I see you unit is a TT. Several manufacturers make replacement dual battery boxes (some lockable) that can hold two or more LiFePo batterys that will fit there. I am not sure where your distribution panels is, but that area too may provide a path for your wiring. Just throwing out ideas.

Good luck

Keith
          2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

I just bought a 23G a few weeks ago and last weekend installed 2 GC2 pattern 100Ah Battleborn batteries in the normal battery rail spot using a 27" RV lockbox. It fits, but barely, and getting everything to fit inside the box took some planning. So far its all working great and I have the 300W panel and inverter setup with Gen Prep, but no generator.Click image for larger version

Name:	20220117_152637.jpg
Views:	630
Size:	122.5 KB
ID:	75039
            Attached Files
            Dan M.
            2022 Momentum 23G
            2019 F250 6.7L

Comment

74barrio Your solution for a battery box is awesome. Can you provide detail in where you purchased it?

Jim

Comment

@MidwestCamper I got that box from RVlockbox.com. The 27" box fits with just 1/4" inch or less on each side and the top makes slight contact with the front diamond plate guard only because that bows out a little. So the rock guard is more or less resting on it.

Dan
                Dan M.
                2022 Momentum 23G
                2019 F250 6.7L

Comment

Originally posted by 74barrio View Post
                  I just bought a 23G a few weeks ago and last weekend installed 2 GC2 pattern 100Ah Battleborn batteries in the normal battery rail spot using a 27" RV lockbox. It fits, but barely, and getting everything to fit inside the box took some planning. So far its all working great and I have the 300W panel and inverter setup with Gen Prep, but no generator.
                  I know this post is a bit old but 74barrio did you just replace the batteries or some of the other components as well? I have a 21G and plan to do the battery upgrade but wasn't sure if I needed to replace anything else right away... Thanks!

2021 Momentum 21G

Comment

Originally posted by vitaliy View Post

I know this post is a bit old but 74barrio did you just replace the batteries or some of the other components as well? I have a 21G and plan to do the battery upgrade but wasn't sure if I needed to replace anything else right away... Thanks!
                    Allen ( acoleman43 ) will be a great person for you to converse with since he also has a 21G. May be a bit beyond what you're intending to do at this point, but check out Allen's mod thread here: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/solar/8...l-momentum-21g

Howard
                    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
                    2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
                    X