Error Message When Towing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

jim-SD
    Thanks for the picture! Despite the last line of your signature . . . you are going to fit in really well with the regulars on this forum.
    Rob
    Cate & Rob
    (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
    2015 Reflection 303RLS
    2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by atxBear2008 View Post
      Wanted to close the loop on this in case others come searching for a solution to the same problem. I purchased a 7 pin adapter that “eliminates false lamp-out indications when towing a trailer equipped with LED lights.” I no longer have the error message. Thank you to everyone who offered suggestions!
      Just to close close the loop. Thank you atxBear. I was having the same problem. Took my new F350 to Ford and they couldn't make it fault. Took the Momentum to the dealer and they couldn't make it fault. Found your thread, bought the part. Now it works. Thank you.

Comment

Another way to accomplish this is to use a freely available program called FORscan and the free 2 month license. With that you can reprogram the various modules on the truck to include the trailer light failure sense settings. You'll need compatible Bluetooth OBD-II interface. Once you have it, you'll have a great scan tool and can reprogram just about everything on a Ford vehicle!
        2021 Reflection 278BH
        2002 GMC 2500HD

Comment

I had a read "who-done-it" a couple of years ago with regards to a trailer brake warning. I had replaced the incandescent brake light bulbs on the trailer with LED bulbs. Soon thereafter, I started getting trailer brake warning notices on my 2016 F350. I switched back to incandescent bulbs and never had the problem again. I know your issue is solved, but wanted to throw this out there in case it helps a member find an issue in the future.

Jim
          Jim and Ginnie
          2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
          GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
          GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Working...
          X