Power surge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power surge

Well I took a power hit to my pedestal which I have a Southwire 50 amp surge protector on it. Have a Solitude 2022 ST 310 GK. The four puck lights in bedroom are dim also I have no power to the thermostat which is located right above switch for lights. Checked wiring behind thermostat and I do have 12 V going to it but the thermostat is not working. Took one puck light from bathroom put it in bedroom and worked fine. All my devices connected to my one control panel are reading off-line. Everything else in rig is working fine TVs microwave fridge all good all breakers and fuses are good. Don’t know what else I should be checking any advice.
    Thanks,

Ouch - Sorry to hear about your troubles. MY guess is enough of the surge got past your surge protector to do some damage to the thermostat and one control, along with the puck lights Does your Southwire come with a warren-tee covering down stream damage?

However I am not an expert and I am sure one will be along shortly.

Hope I am wrong and the fix is simple.
    Keith

On edit: One thing you could try is turn all power off (shore and battery). Waite say 10 mins then turn back on. Some devices have a built in reset. But this is just a guess. BTW is your converter still working?
    Last edited by Yoda; 01-16-2022, 12:06 PM.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Originally posted by Vincent’s View Post
      Well I took a power hit to my pedestal which I have a Southwire 50 amp surge protector on it. Have a Solitude 2022 ST 310 GK. The four puck lights in bedroom are dim also I have no power to the thermostat which is located right above switch for lights. Checked wiring behind thermostat and I do have 12 V going to it but the thermostat is not working. Took one puck light from bathroom put it in bedroom and worked fine. All my devices connected to my one control panel are reading off-line. Everything else in rig is working fine TVs microwave fridge all good all breakers and fuses are good. Don’t know what else I should be checking any advice.
      Thanks,
      The surge was on the 120vAC line, but the symptoms are all related to 12vDC components and circuits.

The thermostat's 12vDC does not come via the OneConnect X1 board (unless GD changed what the boards control) but the bedroom lights are powered by the OneControl board. The common point between the two? Could be the 12vDC return (solid white) wire near the bedroom light switch and thermostat. (Probably buried in the wall behind the light switch.)

But...first thing I'd try is a "hard reset" before tearing anything apart. This is what I'd do, so feel free to accept or reject the suggestion.

1) Turn off and disconnect from shore power.
      2) Turn off the battery disconnect and then pull the negative cable off the battery.
      3) After about 30 seconds reconnect the negative battery cable and turn on the battery disconnect.
      4) Reestablish shore power.

Any change?

Do all of the 120vAC appliances work as expected? (Microwave, etc.)

Howard
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

I did disconnect the shore power and shut down 12 V waited a while turned it back on situation remains the same did not disconnect the negative on the battery.
        I will pull the light switch and check the white wire, all other 120vAC appliances on working

Comment

Fuse in thermostat is good

Comment

Well I took a power hit to my pedestal which I have a Southwire 50 amp surge protector on it. Have a Solitude 2022 ST 310 GK. The four puck lights in bedroom are dim also I have no power to the thermostat which is located right above switch for lights. Took one puck light from bathroom put it in bedroom and worked fine.
            Just to clarify, did the light from the bathroom illuminate correctly in the bedroom? If so, what did the light from the bedroom do in the bathroom? Also does your One Connect allow dimming the lights?
            2022 Momentum 397THS-R 12/3/2021
            Traded 2021 Reflection 337
            2020 Chevy Silverado 3500 DRW
            Formerly M&K337

Comment

Yes the light from the bathroom did work correctly in the bedroom

Comment

Originally posted by MK397THR View Post

Just to clarify, did the light from the bathroom illuminate correctly in the bedroom? If so, what did the light from the bedroom do in the bathroom? Also does your One Connect allow dimming the lights?
                The X1 board (unless it has changed) does not have dimming capability.

Do you have a multimeter, Vincent’s ? If you have one and know how to use it, what's the voltage level of the battery?

For clarification...when it's stated "nothing changed" that includes all of the OneControl items--they still all show offline?
                Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Comment

Yes the light from the bathroom did work correctly in the bedroom
                  Ah...I read that wrong in the original post. So the bedroom light that was dim is also dim in the bathroom? That means the light itself is bad.

Comment

Have not put light from bedroom into bathroom yet also if One Connect has a dimming
                    feature I am not aware of it but it does turn my lights on and off when working right now they read off line

Comment

Have not put light from bedroom into bathroom yet also if One Connect has a dimming
                      feature I am not aware of it but it does turn my lights on and off when working right now they read off line
                      OK, so the manual switch input to the OneControl works but the status is not being conveyed via the app or control panel. (Bedroom light output is controlled by the OneControl board. The lights can be turned on via a manual switch input to the board, through the OneControl (aka "CompassConnect") app, or via an OneControl Touch Panel (OCTP).

Installing the suspect light in the bathroom will help resolve the issue. If the light is dim there, too, the issue is hardware (the light's toast). That would be a bad sign, as that could mean the thermostat and (part) of the OneControl also seem to have been damaged by the surge.

Comment

Vincent’s
                        If the '22 is wired similar to the '21, you should have manual switches for the awnings, ceiling lights, bedroom lights and accent lights. All of those components can be turned on and off (or extended and retracted) by the OneControl either through a manual switch, the OCTP or phone app. Do all of them work as expected (except for the dim lights in the bedroom)?

Unfortunately the Schwintek controller is also controlled by the OneControl but there doesn't appear to be a manual switch activation. Also the same for the Leveling system--only option is to activate via the OCTP or phone app.

Do you know if there is a manual method on your trailer to control the Schwintek slide or the leveling system that I'm not aware of?

Comment

howson Our 2022 OTCP does allow dimming of all the lights it controls. Was not sure what models had that capability.
                          Formerly M&K337

Comment

Vincent’s I would recommend going back to Howard’s earlier suggestion to unhook the battery. That will force the control pad to reboot to see if any systems come back online.
                            Formerly M&K337

Comment

Put the light from the bedroom into the bathroom it is very dim I’m assuming the four lights in bedroom are fried

Comment

Working...
                              X