No announcement yet.

Power surge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am done for the day tomorrow I’ll be back at it and I will pull the negative cable on battery and go from there thank you guys

Comment

Originally posted by MK397THR View Post
      howson Our 2022 OTCP does allow dimming of all the lights it controls. Was not sure what models had that capability.
      Wow--that's awesome. When you get an opportunity, can you take a picture of the OCTP showing that capability and also the OneControl board in your trailer? I'm very curious what model it is. (Only info I have is on the Unity x180, Unity x1, Unity x1.5 and Unity x4.)

Any and all other info like software version of the OCTP, etc., would be great if it's not too much trouble.

Howard
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
      2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Since Vincent’s was on shore power at the time of the surge, and it appears that only 12-volt systems were affected, should the converter also be checked?
        John
        2018 Momentum 395M
        2018 Ram 3500 Dually
        Every day is a Saturday, but with no lawn to mow.

Comment

Originally posted by JBill9694 View Post
          Since Vincent’s was on shore power at the time of the surge, and it appears that only 12-volt systems were affected, should the converter also be checked?
          Good point.

Vincent’s, Progressive Dynamics has good troubleshooting information on their website. https://www.progressivedyn.com/servi...er-converters/
          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine

Comment

howson , Howard, I was under the impression that the Momentum line had its own (wifi based) compass connect system, and that those units had light dimming capabilities straight from GD. I spent months trying to outsmart my Solitude with dimmers, and finally won. I don't think the OP's unit has the same compass connect as a Momentum.
            Dave and Darren Bakersfield, CA
            2019 GMC Denali dually 4x4 duramax, BW puck hitch, timbrens
            2015 Chevrolet 3500 CC duramax SB SRW (much loved; replaced with dually)
            2021 Solitude 390 RK-R (3 A/C, solar, gen, 8K axles DP glass), comfort ride shocks, VIN 03584
            Max and Riley, our chihuahua/jack russell furbabies

Comment

Originally posted by DarnDave View Post
              howson , Howard, I was under the impression that the Momentum line had its own (wifi based) compass connect system, and that those units had light dimming capabilities straight from GD. I spent months trying to outsmart my Solitude with dimmers, and finally won. I don't think the OP's unit has the same compass connect as a Momentum.
              The Big Mo's have a Unity X4 board...the granddaddy of the boards made by Lippert that are used by Grand Design. That board and several others are discussed at length in this thread: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...compassconnect

Howard & Francine

Comment

Working...
              X