Bright Green USB Light above the bed - How to Turn it off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bright Green USB Light above the bed - How to Turn it off

Yes, I realize that I could put a piece of electrical tape over the light, or replace it with one from amazon that does not have a light - but I'm hoping that someone has figured out a way to disable the light without disconnecting the USB charging option.

The real funny thing is that I was so excited to get an RV with room darkening shades only to be blinded (exaggeration) by alien green light.
    Gary & Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 226RK
    2004 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Diesel

There is a thread here that an owner tried to remove/disconnect the light with no luck, replaced the USB port with one without the light. We have passed this info on to GD in hopes they use a USB port without a light on future builds.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by SoccerDad View Post
      Yes, I realize that I could put a piece of electrical tape over the light, or replace it with one from amazon that does not have a light - but I'm hoping that someone has figured out a way to disable the light without disconnecting the USB charging option.

The real funny thing is that I was so excited to get an RV with room darkening shades only to be blinded (exaggeration) by alien green light.
      If you haven't had a chance yet to read it, please check out the Welcome Letter to New Members: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members

In the letter is a link to how to search this forum. The most frequent method I use is entering the search criteria into an internet search engine (DuckDuckGo, Google, Bing, etc). They all use a similar search scheme, so based on what Brian wrote above I entered: "green light" site:gdrvowners.com

And voila'--found the thread below (it's the third one in the returned list). Try the search yourself and it (should) be easy to find the thread.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Try it.JPG Views:	0 Size:	132.4 KB ID:	80241
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
      2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

A piece of electrical tape will permanently solve the problem......
        2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
        2021 303RLS
        Electricians were created because engineers need heroes too...

Comment

Thank you.
          Gary & Judy
          2022 Reflection 150 Series 226RK
          2004 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Diesel

Comment

Working...
          X