Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Source for exterior clearance / running lights.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Source for exterior clearance / running lights.

I have tried to search the sitre for information but have come up empty.
    Does anyone know of a source for the exact replacement LED amber clearance lights other than the dealer; I have one that had died and would like the same part to replace it with.
    I am not a fan of the dealers extreme markup on parts so only use them as a absolute last resort.
    Attached Files
    2021 Reflection 278BH
    2002 GMC 2500HD

I think youre stuck. I have never found a commercially available lamp that is a direct match to anything on my trailers. You might think about replacing them in a pair. There are much better options out there. I dont have any of these in my box of orphan lamps or I would send you one.

I have had good luck with Partsam lamps on Amazon. You could probably buy an entire set of new/better ones for what the dealer wants for just one of these.
    2021 Reflection 337RLS, 2024 Silverado 3500HD 6.6 gas with faux Allison 10 speed. Nellie the Diva, wonder boxer

Comment

Originally posted by Todd_P View Post
      Does anyone know of a source for the exact replacement LED amber clearance lights other than the dealer; I have one that had died and would like the same part to replace it with.
      I am not a fan of the dealers extreme markup on parts so only use them as a absolute last resort.
      I broke one of my lights on my 2020 reflection and this is what I got to replace it. It was a perfect fit. Snapped on straight away.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I think the same manufacturer offers the entire assembly.

Terry
      Terry and Patty (Dogs-Sophie and Tessa)
      2020 Reflection 297RSTS - bought Oct 2019
      2021 F350 crew cab, SRW, 6.7L diesel, 14K equal-i-zer hitch

Comment

Did you try asking Grand Design if they can ship you a replacement? They have started allowing customers to order directly for parts, and obviously you'll need to pay for the part, but at least of they have it available it would be a direct replacement. Probably worth a shot
        2019 Imagine 2400BH
        2019 F150 XLT Super Crew, EcoBoost, 6.5' box, Max tow package with 3.55 ratio

Comment

I've noticed a marker light out at the front of our 2600RB where they are around 3/4" in diameter. It looks like they just pry out. Has anyone popped one of these out?

Click image for larger version  Name:	Front Marker Light.PNG Views:	0 Size:	282.1 KB ID:	81271

Jim

Comment

Those are standard 3/4" LED lamps. The same as the blue ones used under some of the recent models.
            I know for sure you can get them in red at Walmart and other places, you may have to look a little more for the amber. They are all over Amazon but you have to buy in lots of 10.
            I have a blue one thats given up on the underside of the bed slide. I think I am going to replace them with amber since I dont want to buy 10 blue ones.
            2021 Reflection 337RLS, 2024 Silverado 3500HD 6.6 gas with faux Allison 10 speed. Nellie the Diva, wonder boxer

Comment

Try calling Customer Service and ask if they can send you one, you might be surprised. If they do not try to get a part number.

There also should be a part number on the back or at least a brand name.

Brian
              Brian & Michelle
              2018 Reflection 29RS
              2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

familytruckster4 I bought 2 lots of 10 of the blue ones and wired them all to the step one spacing about ever 3' down both sides.

Post #41 https://gdrvowners.com/forum/gdrv4li...1-303rls/page3
                Joseph
                Tow
                Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                South of Houston Texas

Comment

There is no part number on it only the DOT reg number and the company, I assume, D-Lite which I found nothing on. Being that they are not a readily available common light, I am going to go with familytruckster4 's advice and buy a commonly available set and change both of the amber lights.
                  Thanks for all the replies.
                  2021 Reflection 278BH
                  2002 GMC 2500HD

Comment

Something to be aware of also when changing lamps on these RV's. When you remove the original lights there will be little or no "service loop" on the wiring. Meaning that you likely wont be able to pull the wires out far enough to reveal where the lamp wires are crimped into the feed wires. Most often you will have to cut the wires an inch or so from the original lamp and make your connection there. If you do try to pull the wire through the hole you risk pulling the wire from the original crimp and then not being able to fish it out of the hole. The crimps are pretty weak. I just spent a considerable amount of time replacing one of the LED's on the bottom of our bedroom slide for this exact reason. I was trying to get the lamp out far enough to replace it when one of the wires pulled out of the crimp. I was forced to remove the bed plywood to expose the wiring from the inside, not a monumental task UNLESS you have a replacement king mattress thats much thicker and heavier than the original one

Comment

Originally posted by MidwestCamper View Post
                      I've noticed a marker light out at the front of our 2600RB where they are around 3/4" in diameter. It looks like they just pry out. Has anyone popped one of these out?

Click image for larger version Name:	Front Marker Light.PNG Views:	0 Size:	282.1 KB ID:	81271

Jim
                      I just bought two amber ones for my bedslide at Walmart yesterday for $5.84 They were on a red carded package with "Blazer" on it. I have used them before on other projects and they seem to be as good as any other brand.

Comment

Originally posted by familytruckster4 View Post

I just bought two amber ones for my bedslide at Walmart yesterday for $5.84 They were on a red carded package with "Blazer" on it. I have used them before on other projects and they seem to be as good as any other brand.
                        Thank you. I'll take a look.

Jim

Comment

Tod
                          Send you picture to https://www.etrailer.com They have a wide selection. going back years.

Hope this helps
                          Keith
                          2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Just one more reason why a trip to the Iowa 80 truck stop would be a good idea. More lights there than an RV'er could ever wire up in one lifetime. If I lived closer my trailer would light up like a gravel train at night.

Comment

familytruckster4 Back where I come from we call those "Chicken Haulers". The only things left are the chrome wing and 3' tall flat chrome bumper.

Don't forget if you add all of those lights you need to put in a Cali switch. Otherwise the CHiPs will have a field day writing the safe driving awards for you should you be traveling in less than Ideal lighting with the markers on.
                              Joseph
                              Tow
                              Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                              Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                              South of Houston Texas

Comment

Working...
                              X