No announcement yet.

Happijac Warning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

howson - you got me to go and check the owner’s manual and it does talk about these pins, so then I went to Lippert website and read that if you have the older system then you do use pins but if you have the “improved” system then you have the automatic upper bunk lock system. There are small levers at each corner of the sofa that you flip back or forth to unlock or lock the top bunk. When you run the sofa up and it gets to the top bunk it makes a very loud clunk to let you know it is unlocked.

Click image for larger version

Name:	9D0148D2-ECD7-4703-8803-12536BAF84FE.png
Views:	1045
Size:	373.0 KB
ID:	82754 Click image for larger version

Name:	F1F99823-6363-4B61-A496-0811C46346A4.jpeg
Views:	868
Size:	124.0 KB
ID:	82755 Click image for larger version

Name:	2DC354E5-C805-4C68-BE8D-58438AB6829F.jpeg
Views:	905
Size:	135.9 KB
ID:	82756

This is what I have which doesn’t use pins but the manual talks about pins. I do remember asking about this when we got FW and was told I have the up graded system, there are holes just below these stickers which is pretty low and some more holes at the top -these must be where they used to insert pins. You can see the lever flipped out for locking the bunk and also the holes at the top. (circled in red)

Jim
    Jim and Cindy
    2021 F350 DRW 7.3L
    2021 320G

Comment

Looking at the 2018 installation instructions the motor had a brake that could be manually released. Don't know if this is still true or not, but apparently if the brake was released the bed would drift down. Might be worth checking.
      John
      2018 Momentum 395M
      2018 Ram 3500 Dually
      Every day is a Saturday, but with no lawn to mow.

Comment

These are the pins I installed.
        4 Pack Quick Release Pin, Diameter 1/4"(6.3mm), Total Length 3.75"(95mm), Usable Length 3"(76mm), Full 316 Stainless Steel, Bimini Top Pin, Marine Hardware: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific
        Bill & Kathy
        2021 Momentum M351
        2016 F350 Diesel CC SRW Lariat

Comment

Thanks Bill,

Jim
          Jim and Cindy
          2021 F350 DRW 7.3L
          2021 320G

Comment

When I picked up my 2022 Momentum, I started asking about where the locking pins were. LCI confirmed the newer version of the Happijac doesn't use locking pins. They added a self-locking mechanism for the top bunk which supposedly eliminated the need for pins. The lower bunk bunk just rides on the chain. Likely a smart move to drill holes and add pins if for nothing else - piece of mind.

Comment

I will start off that I do not have a toyhauler so take this for what it may be worth.
              The pin, latches and even straps in a pinch are all great ideas to prevent the whole thing drifting down but my concern would be (as it would appear in the OPs case) a stuck relay. Would this cause the motor etc to overheat and possibly burn out trying to force the unit down against whatever is holding it in place.
              I think I would be finding that relay and install an on/off switch to prevent this situation.
              Ray
              2008 Dodge Ram 2500 Crew Cab w/Cummins 6.7L Diesel
              2022 GD Reflection 150 series 260RD
              https://gdrvowners.com/core/images/smilies//waving.gif

Comment

this must be a common problem with the happijac limit switch controller failing.. they even have a flow chart it must happen so much. We had to short the pins to get our bed back up. It's very dangerous in my opinion, you can't drive the RV with the bed down. There should be an emergency manual crank. You can buy override switches here and on ebay: https://pdxrvwholesale.com/products/...switch-1824444
                Happijac Bed Lift Upper 3-Pin Plug-N-Play Microswitch 182443
                Happijac Bed Lift Lower 2-Pin Plug-N-Play Microswitch 1824444
                Click image for larger version

Name:	shortlimit3.jpg
Views:	646
Size:	93.3 KB
ID:	100091
                Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Working...