Exterior lighting. Imagine 2670MK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exterior lighting. Imagine 2670MK

We are new owners. We bought a really nice 2019 model. On the panel it say EXT Light. Click and nothing. I have read the manual and no mention of exterior lights. This is our 4th RV and first with no lights. It’s pretty dark taking the pups down the steps at night.

thanks for any help you can provide.

Hi Jules2436 . Noted that was your first post, so please take a moment and check out the Welcome Letter to New Members: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members

Can you take a picture of the panel and switch in question? I looked at a 2018 video on YouTube and all it has is an "Awning" light switch.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2018.JPG
Views:	721
Size:	103.4 KB
ID:	84108

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Look around the step area to see if there is a blown bulb.

I had a TT with the light in the step box, that was almost completely useless even with the steps deployed. I ended up changing the bulb to an LED with much better output.
      Joseph
      Tow
      Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
      Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
      South of Houston Texas

Comment

Jules2436 Welcome to the family and the forum!

I looked up some pics of your model and didn't see an exterior light around the door, and I do understand that leaving the awning out at night can be problematic. Maybe your first mod can be a LED strip underneath and behind your steps to light it up from the back.
        Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
        Nash County, NC
        2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

We are thinking about adding these under the stairs:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B010Y1U1JO...v_ov_lig_dp_it

MORryde has a version - but I think the amazon are half the price. They are magnetic and battery operated. We will probably add this to our Imagine soon.

Might help with your specific circumstance.
          2020 Imagine 2400BH
          2017 Ford F350 Platinum FX4/4x4 SuperCrew 6.7L V8 Diesel 9' Bed SRW, Leveled + Airbags

Our Mods

Comment

We have a 2020 Grand Design Imagine 2670MK that was recently purchased (new trailer owners) and are now having an issue with the Awning Lights as well. My panel is exactly like the one posted earlier by "howson". I have checked all of the fuses in the panel box (in the bedroom) and all are OK. Are there any other fuses or connections that I am not aware of...? I have reviewed all the literature I have, searched for issues like this and have not found a solution.
            Randy & Janice
            Tow Vehicle - 2021 GMC Sierra, 3.0 Turbo Diesel
            2020 Grand Design Imagine 2670MK

Comment

Randy G

Welcome to our owners technical forum!

The awning LED lights often have a separate inline fuse behind the main control switch panel.

Rob
              Cate & Rob
              (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
              2015 Reflection 303RLS
              2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
              Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Thank you Rob.
                I "gently" removed the outer plate and removed the screws to find the blown fuse.
                Will get some replacement 2amp fuses tomorrow as I only have 15 & 30.

Randy & Janice
                Tow Vehicle - 2021 GMC Sierra, 3.0 Turbo Diesel
                2020 Grand Design Imagine 2670MK

Comment

Working...
                X