Connecting 50 amp trailer to 30 amp shore power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Connecting 50 amp trailer to 30 amp shore power

I have a 2022 Momentum 350G and do not have 110 power in my trailer when connected to a 30 amp outlet. When I power on the generator everything works fine. Is there some trick to getting the power to work when connected to 30 amp outlet?
    Ed Sykes
    2022 Momentum 350G
    2016 F350 Diesel, Crew Cab, Long Bed

The automatic transfer switch may not be working properly to switch from generator to shore power. Does the trailer have 120v when plugged in to 50-amp outlet?

The 30 to 50 amp adapter may be bad. Plug in the adapter only and measure voltage on its 50-amp socket. Alternatively, check it's continuity 30-amp plug L1 to 50- amp socket L1, L2. Check it's neutral continuity.
    Last edited by TedS; 07-23-2022, 06:39 PM.
    Ted
    2021 Reflection 310RLS
    2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

The 50 amp power worked when I was at the camp site but when I got home and plugged it into the 30 amp shore power I did not have any 110 power in the trailer. I then powered on the generator and had 110 power.
      Ed Sykes
      2022 Momentum 350G
      2016 F350 Diesel, Crew Cab, Long Bed

Comment

Originally posted by Easykes View Post
        The 50 amp power worked when I was at the camp site but when I got home and plugged it into the 30 amp shore power I did not have any 110 power in the trailer. I then powered on the generator and had 110 power.
        My first guess would also be the transfer switch. Plug your dog bone into your 30 amp outlet, and check its output with a meter if you have one. You should see 120V between either of the side slots and either the top or bottom. If the adapter checks out okay, its probably the transfer switch.
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
        2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
        2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Working...
        X