Kisae inverter/charger internal gfi cutting out and resetting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kisae inverter/charger internal gfi cutting out and resetting

Kisae model BIC1220080. 2000w inverter output. 30amp transfer switch output.
    I had it hooked up and connected to shore power and everything worked as normal. It has a built in 30amp transfer switch. When a/c was tried, the transfer switch gfi tripped and beeper went off. E17 code displayed. Internal gfi reset then all good again till a/c was tried again. Hooked up generator to unit with a 30 amp source and same thing. New a/c unit installed at dealer. They ran the a/c and said it’s ok.
    Out boon docking and tried generator for power. No a/c at this time. Generator overload tripped. Disconnect trailer from generator and ran a cord direct to 110v load and no problem.
    Bypassed ac in and out at connection to inverter and everything works.
    Connected inverter again, same result.
    Bypassed inverter again.
    Found one gfi tripped.
    Would a tripped gfi cause a overload at the generator and the inverter?
    Advice I have received is the internal gfi on the inverter is back looping to the gfi in the trailer.
    I have read through the Kisae owners/install manual and nothing is mentioned about a internal gfi.
    There is a 110v socket on the inverter it’s self with a gfi reset and a 20 amp breaker and neither of these tripped.
    Kisae has not returned my phone call yet.
    Any advise to where to start checking?
    Thanks in advance to all that reply

Originally posted by Blast9239 View Post
    Kisae model BIC1220080. 2000w inverter output. 30amp transfer switch output.
    I had it hooked up and connected to shore power and everything worked as normal. It has a built in 30amp transfer switch. When a/c was tried, the transfer switch gfi tripped and beeper went off. E17 code displayed. Internal gfi reset then all good again till a/c was tried again. Hooked up generator to unit with a 30 amp source and same thing. New a/c unit installed at dealer. They ran the a/c and said it’s ok.
    Out boon docking and tried generator for power. No a/c at this time. Generator overload tripped. Disconnect trailer from generator and ran a cord direct to 110v load and no problem.
    Bypassed ac in and out at connection to inverter and everything works.
    Connected inverter again, same result.
    Bypassed inverter again.
    Found one gfi tripped.
    Would a tripped gfi cause a overload at the generator and the inverter?
    Advice I have received is the internal gfi on the inverter is back looping to the gfi in the trailer.
    I have read through the Kisae owners/install manual and nothing is mentioned about a internal gfi.
    There is a 110v socket on the inverter it’s self with a gfi reset and a 20 amp breaker and neither of these tripped.
    Kisae has not returned my phone call yet.
    Any advise to where to start checking?
    Thanks in advance to all that reply
    If you're seeing electrical issues with both the generator and the inverter/charger, my suspicion is that you need to use a bonding plug. Most generators and inverters are not bonded (ground and neutral tied together). For more information see this post:

https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...on-a-generator

This thread also shows how to deal with the issue:

https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...erter-does-not

Jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Should the neutral grounding plug be put into the inverter box 110v socket?
      Since the unit runs fine off the generator wth the inverter 110v transfer switch bypassed

Comment

Originally posted by Blast9239 View Post
        Should the neutral grounding plug be put into the inverter box 110v socket?
        Since the unit runs fine off the generator wth the inverter 110v transfer switch bypassed
        The bonding plug goes in an outlet on the generator.

Brian
        Brian & Michelle
        2018 Reflection 29RS
        2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Working...
        X