No announcement yet.

Solar Charge Controller switching from lithium to sealed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RetiredRVer1960 If you buy a Victron Smart​Solar MPPT 100 / 30 from Inverters R Us they add an extra year warranty totaling 6 years).

Exercising that warranty requires that your purchase be from an authorized dealer as warranty information and all claims would be through that dealer.

If you are planning such a purchase, I recommend that you contact a vendor (or the recommended vendor) and review your requirements with them.
    Dave & Mary Wichita, Kansas
    2022 Reflection 150 280RS
    2022 RAM 2500 4x2 SB Crew Cab Hemi 4.10 Axle Air Suspension
    Companion OEM Slider set over the axle at 17"
    Leer HF650M Tonneau Cover

Comment

reading all these posts have really helped clarify things concerning the solar system. Thanks

Comment

Inverters R Us has an Amazon store. I bought mine on Amazon. Afterward I contacted Inverters R Us about how to register the warranty. They have similar looking products though like Blue Solar we were talking about a Smart Solar.

They replied: "Your product is automatically registered through your serial number.
        If you have any issues with your product, you request a warranty claim from our website."

So purchasing from an authorized reputable vendor is important. Victron doesn't handle such interactions directly.
        Dave & Mary Wichita, Kansas
        2022 Reflection 150 280RS
        2022 RAM 2500 4x2 SB Crew Cab Hemi 4.10 Axle Air Suspension
        Companion OEM Slider set over the axle at 17"
        Leer HF650M Tonneau Cover

Comment

My 2022 is doing this as well. I changed the Interstate lead acid battery for a 206ah SOK and change the charger out as well to a Progressive Lithium model.
          I am sure I am out of regular warranty even though the extended worthless warranty is still good.
          Will Grand Design replace this? Or would I be better off changing it out with a Solar Controller that can handle a larger PV load.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobmak View Post
            My 2022 is doing this as well. I changed the Interstate lead acid battery for a 206ah SOK and change the charger out as well to a Progressive Lithium model.
            I am sure I am out of regular warranty even though the extended worthless warranty is still good.
            Will Grand Design replace this? Or would I be better off changing it out with a Solar Controller that can handle a larger PV load.
            You can try to get GD or even Lippert, which may be your better choice, to change it out. If you are going to build a larger system or need more than the stock controller can handle then move up to a larger better brand controller.

Brian
            Brian & Michelle
            2018 Reflection 29RS
            2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Seems like many people have had the same/similar issue with the Furrion MPPT. I didn't mess around, I just replaced mine with a 100/30. Problem solved and additional benefits as stated earlier in this thread.
              Jim & Kathy
              2022 Imagine 2600RB
              2022 RAM 1500 Limited Longhorn, Hemi e-Torque, 3:92,
              trailer tow pkg, 4x air suspension, TT TPMS.

Comment

After running out of juice every day on a 10 day dry camping trip, I upgraded my batteries to 4X 100Ah lithium batteries and my solar array to 4X Furrion 160 W panels hooked up in series. I had the same problem with the Furrion MPPT 50 A controller. After installing a cutoff switch between the solar panels on the controller I figured out that every time the solar panel output went to zero (like at night) the controller switched back to sealed lead acid setting. Thanks to the great advice offered below I replaced the controller with a Victron 150/45 with built in Bluetooth and have had no problems since. Plus you can check on the performance of the system any time with the app.
                2023 Reflection 150 226RK​

Comment

I went through everything that the OP and others have explained. I finally called GD, they had me call Furrion. Service gut had me to test the unit over the phone with him. He said, bad unit, I'll send you a new one. They sent it with a customer repair number to the dealership and it got installed for free. No more problems with the new unit. It stays in lithium mode with my 200ah Enduro battery.
                  Mark & Yvonne
                  2022 Reflection 303RLS
                  2021 Chevy 2500HD Duramax LTZ
                  B&M turnover ball
                  Blue Ox Gooseneck-to-5th-Wheel Trailer Hitch Adapter

Comment

Working...
                  X