We lost power to several outlets after starting the coffee maker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We lost power to several outlets after starting the coffee maker

We lost power to several outlets after starting the coffee maker. Weird thing some outlets that are not GFCI work while some do but all the GFCI outlets don't work. We flipped on and off all breakers and unplugged and plugged shore power but still no luck. The washer and dryer have a GCFI but the isn't tripped while all other outlets in the garage don't work. The only GFCI resets that I've seen are in the bathroom, tried to reset but no luck. No other outlets have resets inside or out. I have nothing plugged into the outlets that currently don't work. Any ideas ?
    Last edited by SandraScot; 11-14-2022, 01:21 PM.

Hi SandraScot,

It would help us to help you, if you provide information on exactly which Grand Design model you have. There are many, and they are all slightly different.

In general terms, there is usually a kitchen GFCI close to the entry door and/or the main panel. Often on the end of the island (if you have one).

Rob (moderator)
    Cate & Rob
    (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
    2015 Reflection 303RLS
    2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Hello Rob,

We have 2022 momentum 395MS

Comment

Check the breakers on the pedestal, and the breakers in the panel in your trailer.
        John & Kathy
        2014 Reflection 303RLS
        2014 F250 SC SB 6.2

Comment

The outside Shore power ? That we have a surge protector hooked up to. We reset all the breakers with no luck.

Comment

Originally posted by SandraScot View Post
            Any ideas ?
            On my phone so limited rigjt now--can you copy your 395's floorplan off of GD's wrbsite and put an "X" where an outlet does not work? This might provide enough info for us to give a targeted reply.

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
            2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	194
Size:	192.0 KB
ID:	99472

The Non-GFCI work, just can't figure out where to reset it.​

Comment

SandraScot -- just got home so I'll do some research and will be right back with (hopefully) more info.
                Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine

Comment

The outside Shore power ? That we have a surge protector hooked up to. We reset all the breakers with no luck.
                  A surge protector has nothing to do with the breakers on the power source.
                  John & Kathy
                  2014 Reflection 303RLS
                  2014 F250 SC SB 6.2

Comment

I get that, just wanted to provide information. We have power to everything except GFCI outlets. We do have one GFCI dedicated for the washer and dryer but that works fine.

Comment

You did a great job with the map. Unfortunately the documentation GD shared with the the moderators has the markings of a 395MS but is actually a 395M. The difference is enough that the drawing I'm referencing is almost useless.

Using your diagnosis as the starting point, there are a couple of possibilities. The following all could be GFCI connected outlets--can you confirm you've visually inspected each one and (if an actual reset-able GFCI outlet) that you've done so?

1) The outlet on the outside of the camper, just forward of the entry door.
                      2) Outlet on the outside of the camper, just aft of the closet slideout.
                      3) Outlet in the auxiliary bathroom
                      4) Outlet in the main bathroom
                      5) Outlet near the sink in the kitchen

If that doesn't reveal the culprit, please take a picture of the circuit breaker panel and post it here.

Howard & Francine

Comment

Views:	194
Size:	192.0 KB
ID:	99472

This is going to be a guess, but it appears you lost one side of the 50A service inside your trailer. I say this as you mentioned other plugs are out beside the GFIC. Also the dead plugs are on one side of the unit and rear. Have you manually reset the main 50A breakers in your distribution panel? (usually labeled L1 and L2) To reset turn them fully off and then quickly to full on. Also is the surge protector indicating any fault and showing power to both legs? Last do you have a multi-meter that you can check things with?

Hope this helps

Keith
                        2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

SandraScot The outlets are "daisy chained" from one to another, so if one fails it will affect all of the downstream outlets.

I edited my post after seeing you clarified only GFCI outlets are out. Howard is right, I looked at the same drawing and deemed it useless. I would bet you have a GFCI "hidden" somewhere. Check his locations and report back.

Neil Citro
                          2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
                          2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

The Momentum 395 info that I can access, shows a GFCI in the green circled area.

Rob

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	278
Size:	55.7 KB
ID:	99485
                            Cate & Rob
                            (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
                            2015 Reflection 303RLS
                            2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
                            Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

@ ncitro - Electronics is not my strong suit :(

@ Yoda - No fault is showing on the surge protector, we reset the breakers on the outside power pedestal as well. We did reset all the breakers on our inside panel and checked out fuses, all are good.

@ howson - the gfci in the front bathroom isn't tripped but no power to it either. I was that a gfci would be in the kitchen but I don't see on, the microwave, oven and refrigerator all work.

Views:	240
Size:	790.5 KB
ID:	99489

Comment

Working...
                              X