2022 transcend xplor 221rb ac short cycle furrion 14.5k

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2022 transcend xplor 221rb ac short cycle furrion 14.5k

I’ve had my travel trailer just over a year, it did the same thing about a year ago for 2 days and the issue resolved. I’ve already pulled the temp sensor through the filter in the unit and I thought that fixed the issue. It blows cold for about 2 min then compressor kicks off for about 5 minutes. Freeze sensor is in the correct place. I don’t know if there’s a way to reset the unit or what direction to even go moving forward. I’m living in it full time and haven’t had any issues up until 3 days ago. It has been the hottest couple of days here lately. 100+ but I’ve never seen my thermostat say 99. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Corey

I'm not familiar with your particular AC. But sometimes, cold air is routed to the return duct on accident. Check to make sure that not panels or baffles have shifted to allow this to happen.

Jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

I’ve sealed up those holes with aluminum tape. I somehow magically just got a 5-7 minute cycle with it on dry mode. Maybe it’s just too hot 😂 outside temp now 82 and temp showing 77. I also have a fan and a small portable AC in here running too.

Comment

Too hot and high humidity is not the best for AC units. Try running the fan on Low instead of Auto and see if that helps. We do this with our Dometic and it works well in those conditions.

Brian
        Brian & Michelle
        2018 Reflection 29RS
        2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post
          Too hot and high humidity is not the best for AC units. Try running the fan on Low instead of Auto and see if that helps. We do this with our Dometic and it works well in those conditions.

Brian
          Low on cool? I tried auto on cool on 74 yesterday. Got home from work and it was 86 and doing short cycles again. Today I left it on 72 on cool on low. I’ll update this evening.

Comment

Originally posted by Coreylollar88 View Post

Low on cool? I tried auto on cool on 74 yesterday. Got home from work and it was 86 and doing short cycles again. Today I left it on 72 on cool on low. I’ll update this evening.
            Sorry, yes Low Cool is what we use. I hope you have better results today.

Brian
            Brian & Michelle
            2018 Reflection 29RS
            2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

This may seem odd, but look around and see if any vents are pointed toward the thermostat. I know in our front room if the rear dump is open or the vents pointed toward the T-Stat wall, it will short cycle just like you are describing.

You might even try the tissue test to see if there is an odd airflow for some reason. Pull the stat off the wall and see if there is air leaking through the wall (this is a really long shot).
              Joseph
              Tow
              Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
              Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
              South of Houston Texas

Comment

Coreylollar88 did you ever figure this out? I’m having similar issues on my Transcend 247bh- I just posted about it on this thread. Wondering if the sensor needs to be relocated?

https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...e-method/page4
                Patrick
                Toyota Tundra CrewMax
                2023 Transcend Xplor 247BH

Comment

Working...
                X