No announcement yet.

Any benefits to using this soft start?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any benefits to using this soft start?

When I want to use the ac off grid on our 22mle I parallel my 2 Honda 2200i generators. It works fine so long as eco mode is off. The gen is a bit slow to react with eco mode on.

I recently came across the product below and was interested if it might allow use of eco mode. Easier than permanently wiring in a dedicated soft start and I could move it between the camper and our sailboat, if I ever have the need to run the 16k btu heat pump on the boat off the generators. Of course, the big downside is the price, and the generators run the ac fine the way they are. Eco mode would be nice as it would be a bit quieter, and maybe a little more fuel efficient. There are also the added benefits of built in surge control, over and under voltage, current and frequency protection and the geeky phone interface. Thoughts? Anyone using a soft start with their Hondas?

https://active-controls-llc.myshopif...-30-amp-acs30p

I use a soft start with 2000i honda. Micro-air 364. Works fine and cost about $200.
    A 2000i....not a 2200i....
    Last edited by Scott'n'Wendy; 09-12-2023, 08:27 PM.
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
    2021 303RLS
    Electricians were created because engineers need heroes too...

Comment

Originally posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post
      I use a soft start with 2000i honda. Micro-air 364. Works fine and cost about $200.
      A 2000i....not a 2200i....
      Eco mode on or off?

Comment

Originally posted by JPS350 View Post

Eco mode on or off?
        I want to say on, but, to tell you the truth I didn't use the gen for the AC this year so I don't remember for sure. Whenever we were boondocking this year the weather was cool and no ac was needed. Yes even in Arizona this year it was too cool for ac. Right Jim? At least when I was there.
        2021 303RLS

Comment

Originally posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post

I want to say on, but, to tell you the truth I didn't use the gen for the AC this year so I don't remember for sure. Whenever we were boondocking this year the weather was cool and no ac was needed. Yes even in Arizona this year it was too cool for ac. Right Jim? At least when I was there.
          You weren’t in southern AZ during the summer, I’m guessing.
          Rich

Comment

Originally posted by RV2600RB View Post

You weren’t in southern AZ during the summer, I’m guessing.
            Rich
            Tucson, Quartzsite, Mesa, Las Cruces in February/March/April 2023. At the time the locals were saying it was the coolest it has been in forty years. I think Flag got snow every day we were there. I did run the A/C occasionally in Mesa, but when boondocking in Quartzsite it was jacket weather. Summer in AZ looks to be a bit hot...it's warm enough here in Ontario in June-Sept for me (usually)
            2021 303RLS

Comment

I use a Micro Air easy start that is hard wired into my AC unit. I did it so I could run my AC unit while in the yard off of a 15 amp GFCI line. Coincidently they are sale right now, but it ends tonight!

Comment

Originally posted by BeerBrewer View Post
                I use a Micro Air easy start that is hard wired into my AC unit. I did it so I could run my AC unit while in the yard off of a 15 amp GFCI line. Coincidently they are sale right now, but it ends tonight!
                Hi there. Where are they on sale at? I need some for my Coleman Mach AC's.

Thanks - Jim
                Jim and Ginnie
                2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
                GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
                GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post

Hi there. Where are they on sale at? I need some for my Coleman Mach AC's.

Thanks - Jim
                  https://www.microair.net/
                  2023 Reflection 303RLS
                  2017 Ford F-250 6.7 Crew Cab Short Bed
                  B&W Turnoverball Gooseneck
                  Andersen Ultimate Fifth Wheel Hitch

Comment

Originally posted by tbwilliams View Post
                    I recommend their 364 unit...
                    2021 303RLS

Comment

Working...
                    X