No announcement yet.

furnace wont turn off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In my case the thermostat was still calling for heat. What was unresponsive was the room temperature indication on the thermostat, it was "frozen" at 61F or whatever, while the actual temperature was continuing to rise. My OEM configuration used the sensor in the a/c unit for both heat and cool. Since the problem was intermittent, I decided to replace both the thermostat and the a/c control unit. I haven't used the heat enough to be convinced the problem is gone, but these two components are seemingly the only two involved. An added bonus is having a t-stat which has the temperature sensor integral (for heat - it still uses the ceiling unit control box sensor for a/c).
    Ottertail, Minnesota
    2022 Imagine 2500RL VIN 573TE3029N6637046
    2022 Ford F-150 Lariat, SuperCrew, long box, max tow

Comment

Originally posted by AlexPeterson View Post
      (there are many threads about fixing this seemingly dumb idea).
      Yes...let's measure room temperature from three feet over my head...lol
      I've never had a temp issue with my trailer..I'll have to investigate in the spring to see what I have. Always assumed the sensor was in the t-stat. I did have to look at the A/C control unit when the fan would not go to high speed. Poor board connection.

2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
      2021 303RLS
      Electricians were created because engineers need heroes too...

Comment

Originally posted by AlexPeterson View Post
        In my case the thermostat was still calling for heat. What was unresponsive was the room temperature indication on the thermostat, it was "frozen" at 61F or whatever, while the actual temperature was continuing to rise. My OEM configuration used the sensor in the a/c unit for both heat and cool. Since the problem was intermittent, I decided to replace both the thermostat and the a/c control unit. I haven't used the heat enough to be convinced the problem is gone, but these two components are seemingly the only two involved. An added bonus is having a t-stat which has the temperature sensor integral (for heat - it still uses the ceiling unit control box sensor for a/c).
        This sounds like the Furrion unit, the Coleman that the original poster has does not operate this way.
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
        2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
        2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Originally posted by ncitro View Post

This sounds like the Furrion unit, the Coleman that the original poster has does not operate this way.
          My Coleman/Airxcel thermostat has a remote sensor pin out listed in the documentation. Don't know if GD installed the remote sensor or not and I'm not sure what model t-stat I have. The document included in the black bag applies to 3 cool only and 3 heat/cool models (9430 series). Looks like the 9630 series document has a bit more data and should have been the one installed w/heat pump based upon what I've read in some prior posts dating back to 2019 here. Without pulling the t-stat to verify the model number, really no way I can tell. It would be a green/white wire for remote sensor but applies only to two of the 6 models 9430335 for heat/cool and 9430342 for cool only.
          2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar, factory gen, 8K axles with discs, W/D, Heat Pump, Gen 2 Goosebox, Battleborn
          2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin

Comment

Working...
          X