Thermostat / Heat Limit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thermostat / Heat Limit?

I have the GD Imagine 2670MK TT. We turned on the Heat yesterday and it came on just fine. My question is whether or not there is a limit on the Thermostat or Furnace. I'm trying to conserve the LP and 12V battery by having the Heat set between 45-50 degrees. But I was only able to go down to 60 Degrees. Is this correct? The lowest Heat Range is 60 degrees?

Dave L
    2670MK TT
    2019 F-150 Plantimum
    DaveL
    Imagine 2670MK TT
    F-150 Platinum 3.5L - EcoBoost
    Grand Rapids, MI

That will be the lowest setting if that is as far down as the thermostat goes. If you have shore power a small electric heater may do better than the propane furnace.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

I'm not familiar with the Imagine line, but if it depends on the water lines being close to the furnace ductwork to keep them from freezing then you may want to just live with the 60-degree temperature setting.
      John
      2018 Momentum 395M
      2018 Ram 3500 Dually
      Every day is a Saturday, but with no lawn to mow.

Comment

Hi Dave,

I have encountered this same problem with residential thermostats. They often will not allow a set point below 50-60F (10-15C) where a lower set point would be better for staying above freezing but save fuel, while in storage. There are internet connected residential thermostats (like Nest) which do allow lower set points, but I have not investigated adapting one of these to an RV HVAC system.

As mentioned earlier . . . the propane furnace has ductwork outlets in the underbelly to keep water lines and tanks from freezing. Using electric heaters in the RV might not keep the water systems from freezing.

Rob
        Cate & Rob
        (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
        2015 Reflection 303RLS
        2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
        Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

I thought about using the elect resistance heater bought from wally world and getting a 3" or 4" 12vdc or 120Vac computer fan and pulling living space air down into the under belly.
          Joseph
          Tow
          Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
          Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
          South of Houston Texas

Comment

I do run electric heat in the underbelly of my Reflection 5th wheel. This is by way of an electric car heater and a residential thermostat. There were a few iterations to get this right. More details in post # 26 of this thread https://gdrvowners.com/forum/exterio...derbelly/page2

Rob
            Last edited by Cate&Rob; 01-08-2022, 10:17 AM.
            Cate & Rob
            (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
            2015 Reflection 303RLS
            2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
            Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

I went back and reread @dmiconcord's OP. Dave, from the statement "I'm trying to conserve the LP and 12V battery " I think you're talking about cold weather boondocking.
              John
              2018 Momentum 395M
              2018 Ram 3500 Dually
              Every day is a Saturday, but with no lawn to mow.

Comment

JBill9694; Correct; cold weather boondocking at a Harvest Host.
                DaveL
                Imagine 2670MK TT
                F-150 Platinum 3.5L - EcoBoost
                Grand Rapids, MI

Comment

Working...
                X