Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post

Neil

I am going to add the insulation as well while at my underneath projects. I am going to look at trying to put the insulation up against the floor if possible.

Brian
    Hi Brian,

Getting the insulation up against the underside of the floor is going to be difficult because of all the things in the space between the floor and the coroplast. Wiring, plumbing, tanks, frame cross members, slide drives, etc. I did (briefly) think about sprayed in foam insulation. This could be an ideal solution for getting the insulation up against the floor and would seal all the air leaks . . . but could seriously compromise future service access. There is also an advantage to keeping the plumbing and tanks above the new insulation.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
    2015 Reflection 303RLS
    2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post
      Just to add the similar photo from my 2015 303RLS. (Photo also included in the attachment to post 1)
      I am surprised at the Reflection 5th wheel different structure between my '15 303 and Brian's '18 29RS.

Rob

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1909.jpg
Views:	1821
Size:	92.4 KB
ID:	35943
      Seems like GD has changed the floor construction for later model years on the Reflection 5th wheel line. Either that or it varies depending on available material.

Another Rob
      Rob & Barb
      2022 RAM 3500 Big Horn, 6.7 Cummins HO/Aisin
      2022 Solitude 378MBS

Comment

I’m pretty sure my 28bh has the similar foam laminated into the floor design. I thought I read somewhere that the smaller reflections were made like this, and once they get over a certain size they switch to batts in the basement.
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.​

Neil Citro
        2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
        2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

So I was able to get this project done.

Here is before.

Name:	20201126_082127.jpg
Views:	1087
Size:	106.3 KB
ID:	36061
          And here is a couple afters.

Name:	20201126_084351.jpg
Views:	1067
Size:	104.4 KB
ID:	36062Click image for larger version

Name:	20201126_094228.jpg
Views:	1049
Size:	79.8 KB
ID:	36063

I had to do this ins 3 sections and held these up tight against the bottom of the floor with some plywood strips and wood screws. I wanted to get this done before the Molex recall so I did not disturb the repair. Next is to clean up some of the wiring mess.

Brian
          Brian & Michelle
          2018 Reflection 29RS
          2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Another pic.

Name:	20201126_090900.jpg
Views:	971
Size:	61.6 KB
ID:	36065

This was done because the rear floor in our 29RS is generally cold on the feet. The factory floor is plywood on top , white foam and then luan on the bottom. The wood strips I used to hold the rigid foam up are screwed into the luan. Time will tell , next year if this makes a difference or not. Having the luxury of working inside thru the winter on these projects is awesome.

Brian
            Brian & Michelle
            2018 Reflection 29RS
            2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

So I was able to get this project done.

Here is before.

Name:	20201126_082127.jpg
Views:	1087
Size:	106.3 KB
ID:	36061
              And here is a couple afters.

Name:	20201126_084351.jpg
Views:	1067
Size:	104.4 KB
ID:	36062Click image for larger version

Name:	20201126_094228.jpg
Views:	1049
Size:	79.8 KB
ID:	36063

I had to do this ins 3 sections and held these up tight against the bottom of the floor with some plywood strips and wood screws. I wanted to get this done before the Molex recall so I did not disturb the repair. Next is to clean up some of the wiring mess.

Brian
              I see that you have a combination of PEX and braided hose on that one line showing. Are you going to tackle the plumbing change too? I'm getting ready to start on my plumbing next week.

Jim
              Jim and Ginnie
              2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
              GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
              GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post

I see that you have a combination of PEX and braided hose on that one line showing. Are you going to tackle the plumbing change too? I'm getting ready to start on my plumbing next week.

Jim
                That is the line going to the outside sprayer on the rear of the RV. I think I will remove that piece and change to PEX. I have the front of the coroplast down as well , too much time on my hands , and the only soft hose I see up there is the black tank flush line. I also have the pass thru storage cleaned out and was looking at the back of the Nautilus panel. I may tackle all of the soft hose during this down time. There is just so much wires and such hanging down it would be nice to put the RV on a rotisserie , would save the crook in my neck. I think this is one of those projects that slowly gains more items to do.

Brian
                Brian & Michelle
                2018 Reflection 29RS
                2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

I think this is one of those projects that slowly gains more items to do.
                  That, my friend, is beyond a doubt a true statement. Don't forget to check all of the cable coax connectors and speaker wiring.

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

That, my friend, is beyond a doubt a true statement. Don't forget to check all of the cable coax connectors and speaker wiring.
                    Howard - I have one speaker wire underneath that is without a exaggerating at least 20 feet longer than needed!
                    Jim and Ginnie
                    2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
                    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
                    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

howson TucsonJim

What would I be looking for with the speaker wiring?

​​​​​​​Brian
                      Brian & Michelle
                      2018 Reflection 29RS
                      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Country Campers ncitro

If you really wanted to warm the floor, you might want to consider electric heat. (Of course, this works better if the additional insulation is below the heated space ) In Canada, 120V "car warmers" are relatively common. I started with one of these and through several iterations arrived at a system that will keep the underbelly (gate valve area in my case) at a constant 10C (50 F).

Some "learnings" along the way . . . The electric heater has to be thermally isolated from the surface above (note the aluminum heat shield spaced from the floor above). The internal thermostat is a "safety" set much higher than I wanted, so I powered this heater through a thermostat located in a far corner of the space. I did multiple infrared thermometer readings as I evolved this system. Until I got comfortable with trusting this setup, I watched a wireless temperature monitor (placed in another corner of the space) very carefully. I still monitor this when using the underbelly electric heat, but it cycles reliably in the 10C to 12C (50F to 55F) which is the lowest setting on the residential thermostat. It has been able to maintain this temperature down to -14C (7F) which is the coldest we have camped in. It works equally well in the more common 0C (30F) range.

Rob

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2686.jpg Views:	0 Size:	132.3 KB ID:	36098Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2815.jpg Views:	0 Size:	63.3 KB ID:	36099Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2809.jpg Views:	0 Size:	85.3 KB ID:	36100
                        Cate & Rob
                        (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
                        2015 Reflection 303RLS
                        2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
                        Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

howson TucsonJim

What would I be looking for with the speaker wiring?

Brian
                          Polarity. On my phone so limited...but if you look thru my thread you'll see thet swapped wires. Causes music from channels to be out of phase.
                          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

I cannot wait until I retire so I can join you guys in remanufacturing my camper.

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post

Jim, I'm going to start dropping my underbelly tomorrow. Attaching the reflective liner to the coroplast is one of my plans. I'll let you know how it works out.

Jim
                              Jim
                              When I put mine back up, I used tabs of double faced tape to lay out and hold the foil in place to the coroplast. But don't do it at the very outer edge, The foil is a few inches wider and overlaps on the inside of the frame. Made putting it up easier
                              2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Originally posted by MidwestCamper View Post
                                I cannot wait until I retire so I can join you guys in remanufacturing my camper.

Jim
                                You need serious help my friend thinking like that. Just remember when you budget a "fix/ modification" multiply by 4 and have plenty of cold ones on hand for after. And I almost forgot - a good first aid kit handy.

OH and be sure "the one who must be obeyed" does not know what your doing, until its too late to stop.

Bottom line - be careful what you wish for

Now on the upside - there are a bunch of new tools and neat products out there you will need - Better get shopping.

Keith
                                2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Working...
                                X