Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DarnDave
    Hi Dave,

The Grand Design Solitude 390 "Heat/Air Plan" drawing dated 8/15/17 shows the furnace air return to be in the wall below the TV. Where you describe the "slot" that you have seen in photos. Based on the date of the drawing, this is not a new addition. I cannot explain why your trailer was built without this provision.

Per our agreement with Grand Design, forum moderators have access to these drawings for reference but cannot post them here. If you contact Grand Design Customer Service with your VIN, they will likely provide whatever drawings they have specific to the build of your trailer. They will require that you not post these to any public site.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
    2015 Reflection 303RLS
    2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Cate&Rob and Yoda thank you both for your replies. Since the furnace works well, there is no significant negative air pressure thing going on, airflow feels "normal" comared to any other RV that we have owned. It just seems odd that we have never been able to locate a dedicated return. This is not specific to our one unit; all of the 2020 and 2021 units that we have been in did not have the "slot", or any other return that we could locate.

Yoda, yes we are heavy, but I weigh on an annual basis. We are within axle, tire, and gross specs for our truck. Close, but within specs. We also have the basement areas packed lightly, hauling mostly air around. If we were to fulltime, we have already concluded that we will need a dually. I am hoping GM does a major styling improvement by then, otherwise I might have to consider going over to the dark side of the blue oval .

​​​​​​​Dave
      Dave and Darren Bakersfield, CA
      2019 GMC Denali dually 4x4 duramax, BW puck hitch, timbrens
      2015 Chevrolet 3500 CC duramax SB SRW (much loved; replaced with dually)
      2021 Solitude 390 RK-R (3 A/C, solar, gen, 8K axles DP glass), comfort ride shocks, VIN 03584
      Max and Riley, our chihuahua/jack russell furbabies

Comment

Originally posted by DarnDave View Post
        Cate&Rob and Yoda thank you both for your replies. Since the furnace works well, there is no significant negative air pressure thing going on, airflow feels "normal" comared to any other RV that we have owned. It just seems odd that we have never been able to locate a dedicated return. This is not specific to our one unit; all of the 2020 and 2021 units that we have been in did not have the "slot", or any other return that we could locate.

Yoda, yes we are heavy, but I weigh on an annual basis. We are within axle, tire, and gross specs for our truck. Close, but within specs. We also have the basement areas packed lightly, hauling mostly air around. If we were to fulltime, we have already concluded that we will need a dually. I am hoping GM does a major styling improvement by then, otherwise I might have to consider going over to the dark side of the blue oval .

​​​​​​​Dave
        2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Working...
        X