Thermostat wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thermostat wiring

When using the heat system Heat Electric - the furnace comes on, When using Heat Gas the heat pump comes on, Sometimes Heat Electric/Gas comes on and both run. I understand the last one when temps are too low for HP the furnace kicks in. What do I do about the first two? Is it switched wires in the system or the thermostat?
    John & Deb
    2022 Solitude 345GK-R
    2017 Ford F350 King Ranch SRW

Originally posted by johndeb609 View Post
    When using the heat system Heat Electric - the furnace comes on, When using Heat Gas the heat pump comes on, Sometimes Heat Electric/Gas comes on and both run. I understand the last one when temps are too low for HP the furnace kicks in. What do I do about the first two? Is it switched wires in the system or the thermostat?
    Can you elaborate on the GD you own and the specific HVAC components installed? There are too many variables.

Also, welcome to the forum! Check out the Welcome Letter if you'd like to know more about this place: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Sorry, forgot to type that part in... 2022 Solitude 345GK-R, Airxcel thermostat, Coleman Mach AC w/HP and of course the Suburban furnace
      John & Deb
      2022 Solitude 345GK-R

Comment

Sorry, forgot to type that part in... 2022 Solitude 345GK-R, Airxcel thermostat, Coleman Mach AC w/HP and of course the Suburban furnace
        There are many Airxcel thermostats that look the same but are not. I'm going to guess you have a x335 or x336 or x337 model. Remove the thermostat from the wall and you'll see the part number on the back.

If I'm right, then the diagram below applies (you can use it to compare to your wiring). Take a picture of how the thermostat is wired and post it here so we can all see how it's wired.

Click image for larger version

Name:	wiring diagram for thermostat.jpg
Views:	1601
Size:	139.2 KB
ID:	96697
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine

Comment

Here is the wiring on my thermostat (9630-336). I also have the heat pump option.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4506-1.jpg Views:	54 Size:	164.6 KB ID:	96724
          Last edited by pengle; 10-16-2022, 03:39 PM. Reason: Added thermostat model number.
          Pat and Karen
          2021 Solitude 310GK, Full Body Paint, Dual Pane Windows, Heat Pump, Slide Toppers, Solar, MORryde 7K IS w/Disc Brakes, Splendide W/D Stacked Pair

Comment

pengle -- which model of thermostat? The sticker, unfortunately, is on the back of the part that screws to the wall.

Howard & Francine

Comment

Thanks for the information, and the pics. Problems solved. 1) Control board on the furnace (that hardly ever is bad) was bad, had a RV Tech test and replace. 2) the wiring on the thermostat (*336) orange and white wires reversed. Now all works well.
              John & Deb
              2022 Solitude 345GK-R

Comment

Working...
              X