FWT overflilling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FWT overflilling

Hello, My FWT is filling up and overflowing when connected to the city water. I have 2016 Momentum 380TH and any help will be appreciated on what to look at.

Originally posted by SixInARow View Post
    Hello, My FWT is filling up and overflowing when connected to the city water. I have 2016 Momentum 380TH and any help will be appreciated on what to look at.
    Can you post a picture of your Nautilus panel settings?
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Comment

Well that's different. First time I've seen that setup.

Cate&Rob , is this '16 a Kantleak setup? ( SixInARow -- Rob is much more knowledgeable on the legacy units. He's online and will see the tag so I'm sure he'll chime in shortly.)

Howard

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
        2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

SixInARow
          howson

For a short time period in 2015 and 2016 models, GDRV used a panel that was not Nautilus or Kantleak. In the 2015 Owners manual, this is referred to as the Alternative Valve System.

Here's a photo of the Kantleak valve system:
          Click image for larger version

Name:	Anderson Kantleak System.jpg
Views:	501
Size:	20.2 KB
ID:	108175

And here is a snap of the Alternative valve system.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	Alternative Valve System.jpg
Views:	385
Size:	52.9 KB
ID:	108176

When filling the tank with a pressurized source on the Alternative Valve System, the blue lever is turned. Since water is diverting to the fresh tank, I suspect the blue valve is sticking or defective. Here's what I'd do:

1. Turn off the exterior water supply.
          2. Turn off the pump if it is on.
          3. Open the hot and cold valves on any faucet to relieve system pressure.
          4. Fully rotate each knob at least once. Fully rotate the blue knob at least five times.
          5. Return all knobs to the setting shown above.
          6. Close the faucet handles, and turn the exterior water supply back on.
          7. Check for overflow.
          8. If still overflowing, replace the valve associated with the blue knob.
          9. If this doesn't solve the issue, there could be a check valve in the pump that has failed and is allowing back flow.

Jim
          Jim and Ginnie
          2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
          GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
          GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post
            Cate&Rob , is this '16 a Kantleak setup?
            Definitely not a Kantleak panel . . . I think Jim is on the right track in post 5.

Rob

Cate & Rob
            (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
            2015 Reflection 303RLS
            2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
            Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

TucsonJim Is there a way to check the pump check valve to eliminate it before ordering parts?
              thanks for the quick response.

Comment

If I take off the clear plastic cap for the screen on the water pump there should be no water right?

Comment

If I take off the clear plastic cap for the screen on the water pump there should be no water right?
                  Yes if you have not run the pump there should be no water in the filter. You could undo the connection on the back of the panel from the water pump and point it outside and turn on the city water and see if it flows thru the pump, this would be from the pump to the RV and not from the fresh tank to the pump. If it is the check valve you can purchase a seperate one or a new pump.

Brian
                  Brian & Michelle
                  2018 Reflection 29RS
                  2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Thanks it is the pump check valve it kept running with water on and stopped with it off. So my next question is should I put a in-line check valve in instead of fixing the on in the pump?

Comment

Thanks it is the pump check valve it kept running with water on and stopped with it off. So my next question is should I put a in-line check valve in instead of fixing the on in the pump?
                      If the one on the pump is replaceable then replace it. If it is not and you do not want to replace the pump then just put an in line one in. If the pump is old then replacing the pump may be the better option.

Brian
                      Brian & Michelle
                      2018 Reflection 29RS
                      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Yipee, I'm glad you found it SixInARow. You can do either. Price and availability would be the driving factor here.

Jim
                        Jim and Ginnie

Comment

The pump may be repairable.
                          Ted
                          2021 Reflection 310RLS
                          2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

I could not get a check valve for the pump so I went with an inline check valve. Thanks again for the help.

Comment

SixInARow Great! Did it solve the overflow issue?

Jim
                              Jim and Ginnie

Comment

Working...
                              X