Low water flow from Fresh water tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low water flow from Fresh water tank

I'm de-winterizing/ sanitizing out new 200MK and the water flow when using the pump is very low, < .5 g/min and the pump is making alot of noise and vibrating. When I use the winterizing input for the water source of the pump, flow is great. When I switch to the tank the flow drops drastically and the pump struggles like the pick up in the fresh water tank was blocked yet it's brand new. I have the fresh water tank about 1/3 full and the fill cap off. The strainer on the pump is clean (new). Please help, what could be the problem?

dCassidy Welcome to the forum! I know you said the strainer is clean since it is new, but have you physically checked it? Its not uncommon for debris to be caught in the filter from assembly. Failing that if the flow is good when pumping from the winterizing setting I would be looking for a leak on the input line from the Nautilus panel to the tank. Possibly one of the connections on the panel could be loose? Those are hand tighten fittings but could have worked loose.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
    2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
    2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply. I check the strainer it was clean. I took down the under belly and found the hose from the pump to the tank has a BAD kink in it. Now the question is how to fix the kink...

Comment

I'd cut out the kink and put a couple in. Is it PEX (rigid plastic) or braided plastic hose?
        Last edited by ncitro; 04-12-2023, 08:30 AM.
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro

Comment

Its braided hose. That means dropping the tank on a new trailer. Not good.

Comment

Use a hose barb union and worm screw clamps to splice the cut hose together.
            Ted
            2021 Reflection 310RLS
            2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

A soft hose suction line is a bad idea from the get-go. If you have to partially drop the coroplast to repair the hose, use the hose to pull a new Pex line through from tank to panel and be done with the problem permanently.

Rob
              Cate & Rob
              (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
              2015 Reflection 303RLS
              2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
              Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

I agree with Rob. Pull out the hose and replace it with PEX. You'll thank yourself later.

Neil Citro

Comment

The braided hose is intended for suction service. Unbraided hose will collapse. Of course pex will not collapse either at the pump suction.
                  Ted
                  2021 Reflection 310RLS
                  2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

TedS & dCassidy

The attached photo is one that I saved from another thread on this forum (that I can't find at the moment). This clearly shows collapsed hose on the intake side of the pump. There are likely different quality braided hose materials in use and some are better than others . . . but, intake hose collapse is possible.

Rob

Click image for larger version

Name:	2023 367BHS.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	114.4 KB
ID:	110164
                    Cate & Rob
                    (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
                    2015 Reflection 303RLS
                    2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
                    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

The attachment point of the suction line is right near the fresh tank drain. This area is a low point sump in the tank and may contain some debris. Have you opened the fresh tank drain?

Brian
                      Brian & Michelle
                      2018 Reflection 29RS
                      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Cate&Rob that case looks like the connection at the tank was clogged and the pump pulled max suction. Not normal open tank draw suction. In this case even pex would not flow water; not collapse, but not flow water. At least the pump suction is good.
                        OP's case has a partial kink flow restriction and no hose collapse.
                        Ted
                        2021 Reflection 310RLS
                        2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

Working...
                        X