City water connection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• City water connection

I have a new 2022 321bh and cannot get the city water connection to work at all. I have done everything the way the owners manual says to by turning the blue handle down to the city water position and turning on the supply but nothing comes through the lines. All it does is fill the fresh water tank. Everything thing works as it should as long as I use the fresh water tank and pump.

Kevin1313 Hello Kevin and welcome to the forum. I saw you posted this earlier on an old thread from 2021, as well as here. We don't allow the same topic posted twice so I deleted your other post.

Regarding your question, if those valves are set right, I would guess the check valve in your pump might be sticking.

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
    2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
    2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Sorry about the double post I was trying to figure the site out.

Comment

Kevin1313 No problem at all. Here is a link to the welcome letter to new members with some hints:

https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro

Comment

Kevin1313 -- Neil is correct that the most likely culprit is the water pump. If you're a DIY'er (like the majority here) GD may send you a replacement pump. Give GD Customer Service a call (see "business card", main page) for their contact info. Make sure and have the rig's VIN handy.

Howard

P.S. Welcome to the forum!

Howard & Francine
          2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Post a picture of the water control panel showing the valve settings. There are a variety of valve panels. I assume there is more than the blue valve. Do you get no water at all to the faucets when using city water? If the water system works while using the pump and freshwater tank, I doubt it is a pump problem. It may be a plumbing problem.
            Ted
            2021 Reflection 310RLS
            2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

This picture from the Transcend website does show only a single two position valve. I wonder if there is a kinked hose behind this panel?

Rob

Click image for larger version

Name:	29CC9943-4094-406D-BECC-E9B64AE4E492.png
Views:	235
Size:	789.3 KB
ID:	110389
              Cate & Rob
              (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
              2015 Reflection 303RLS
              2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
              Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

This is a picture of mine and even when in city water position it fills the fresh water tank. I don't think it's a pump issue since if the pump is on it works fine. If I shut the pump off then I get nothing.

Comment

Kevin1313

I would suggest opening up the side panel to gain access to the back of the control panel to look for a kinked or collapsed hose to/from this valve. (Take a picture or two while you are back there!)

Rob
                  Cate & Rob
                  (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
                  2015 Reflection 303RLS
                  2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
                  Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Everything appears to be in good shape. When I move the valve from fresh water to city water I can feel it click.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin1313 View Post
                      This is a picture of mine and even when in city water position it fills the fresh water tank. I don't think it's a pump issue since if the pump is on it works fine. If I shut the pump off then I get nothing.
                      When the selector is on City Water, and you turn the water supply on, do you immediately hear water flowing? You mentioned it's filling the tank when on City Water setting, so I have to assume you would hear water flowing, and that water would be flowing to the tank based on that statement.

The valve is just a diverter style, so I wonder if perhaps the valve was just connected wrong on your trailer, and 'City Water' is connected to the tank fill, and 'Tank Fill' is connected to the trailer plumbing system. What happens when you put the diverter valve on Fresh Tank fill?
                      2019 Imagine 2400BH
                      2019 F150 XLT Super Crew, EcoBoost, 6.5' box, Max tow package with 3.55 ratio

Comment

In either position it fills the fresh water tank.

Comment

Kevin1313

There should be a check valve on the pump that prevents the city water from back flowing through the pump into the tank. That's what Howard and I think might have failed on your pump.

Neil Citro

Comment

You must be right because everything else seems right so far. The campground we are at only has about 28 psi so maybe just not enough pressure?

Comment

If the pump check valves or check valve at the pump outlet have failed, the pump will not hold pressure when running on the pump and freshwater tank. Does the pump cycle a lot when running just on the pump and freshwater tank?
                              Ted
                              2021 Reflection 310RLS
                              2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

Working...
                              X