No announcement yet.

City water connection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could the outlet of the blue valve that should connect city water to the cold water side be plumbed incorrectly to the pump inlet instead of the cold water common pump outlet? If so, no matter the blue valve position it would fill the freshwater tank.
    Ted
    2021 Reflection 310RLS
    2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

No the pump only comes on if we have a faucet open.

Comment

I wonder if the blue handle can move without moving the valve behind it ?

Rob
        Cate & Rob
        (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
        2015 Reflection 303RLS
        2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
        Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Kevin1313

One of my favorite ways to look for issues that's been discussed on this forum in the past is to enter search words in DuckDuckGo or Google, then restrict the search to this site. For example, I just entered water pump check valve failed fresh site:gdrvowners.com and sure enough I found the following thread that speaks directly to your situation:

https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...esh-water-tank

There are a couple more that are listed by the search engine that will validate why Neil and I think it's the check valve.

Bottom line: if the valve fails, the water goes straight to the fresh tank. A failed valve will not keep the pump from pulling water from the tank.

Howard
          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
          2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Water through a failed pump outlet check valve has to go through the pumping chamber check valves, not direct to tank.
            Ted
            2021 Reflection 310RLS
            2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

Originally posted by TedS View Post
              Water through a failed pump outlet check valve has to go through the pumping chamber check valves, not direct to tank.
              Ted,
              Respectfully disagree (I think) if I understand what you're writing. My interpretation of your response is that it can't be a failed check valve since the water is getting to the fresh water tank. If that's what you mean, well, I disagree. This problem has been documented multiple times and a new check valve has fixed the issue. Even Emily (our GD rep that used to hang out here) had the exact same issue on her Imagine (fresh water tank filling on city water setting) and a new pump fixed it.

Here's another one: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...for-water-pump

Not saying it can't be something else...but if this were my RV I'd go for the most common failure point first. The OP can confer with GDCS on Monday -- my .02 is that they will send him a new pump.

If I'm wrong...well...won't be the first time.

Howard

Last edited by howson; 04-16-2023, 01:49 PM.
              Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
              2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	66.1 KB
ID:	110425
                Originally posted by howson View Post

Ted,
                Respectfully disagree (I think) if I understand what you're writing. My interpretation of your response is that it can't be a failed check valve since the water is getting to the fresh water tank. If that's what you mean, well, I disagree. This problem has been documented multiple times and a new check valve has fixed the issue. Even Emily (our GD rep that used to hang out here) had the exact same issue on her Imagine (fresh water tank filling on city water setting) and a new pump fixed it.

Here's another one: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...for-water-pump

Not saying it can't be something else...but if this were my RV I'd go for the most common failure point first. The OP can confer with GDCS on Monday -- my .02 is that they will send him a new pump.

If I'm wrong...well...won't be the first time.

Howard

The check valve on the pump outlet solved(masked) the failed pump anti-back flow valve problem.
                This illustration shows basic pump operation. Note the inlet and outlet check valves that make the pumping action work.
                Ted
                2021 Reflection 310RLS
                2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

I’m tending to agree with Ted on this. If the pump check valve(s) had failed, this would be like having one faucet open. The OP would still be able to get some amount of water out of another faucet . . . but, he says there is nothing with the valve in the city position. Something is creating a complete closure between the end of the city water hose and the cold water system within the trailer with the valve in this position. My vote is that this is within the blue valve. Either the handle is not actually turning the valve spool or something is completely blocking the city water path.

Rob
                  Cate & Rob
                  (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
                  2015 Reflection 303RLS
                  2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
                  Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Cate&Rob that's certainly another possibility, the blue valve is not moving with the handle.
                    Ted
                    2021 Reflection 310RLS
                    2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

Working...
                    X