How to best connect a water filter to my PEX line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to best connect a water filter to my PEX line

I would like to install a FrizzLife MP99 water filter in our trailer and need to know how I can tap into my under-sink cold water line. I have attached the installation instructions for the MP99 that show how to tap into a home connection. I have also attached a photo of my under-counter PEX cold water line and how the countertop faucet attaches to it. Any suggestions as to how to best proceed with this filter installation would be much appreciated.
    Jon & Sally
    (along with our pups - Heidi, Hans, and Hannah)

2022 GMC Denali Duramax 3500 DRW
    2023 Imagine 2970 RL​

Looks pretty tight, but I would try to connect where the PEX ends and the braided hose begins (could through in a shut off valve while at it). Another option would be to disconnect the braided line at the faucet and connect the filter feed (and shut off valve) to the free end, and then add a short section of new braided hose.
    John
    2018 Momentum 395M
    2018 Ram 3500 Dually
    Every day is a Saturday, but with no lawn to mow.

Comment

Hi John

This is a little bit complex because RV connections usually use a hand tightened nut on a soft cone seal (the black parts in your under sink picture). The water filtration appears to use residential tube and tapered pipe thread connections. Grand Design uses Pex fittings with braided hose . . . which are not the best fit to each other in the first place . . . I would not cut into the hose, but look for a combination of fittings (from the Home Depot or similar "wall of fittings") that will get you from the 1/2" male cone seal attachment, to a T and a 1/2" female cone seal nut (like the black one) that will attach to the line going to the kitchen faucet. This may take an assembly of two or three fittings. From the side of the T you can go to a new shut off valve and then adapt to the water filter tube fitting.

Rob
      Cate & Rob
      (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
      2015 Reflection 303RLS
      2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
      Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Here's one way in the P1 Nautilus panel installation.

Ted
        2021 Reflection 310RLS
        2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

Working...
        X