City water inlet pouring out of tankless heater

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• City water inlet pouring out of tankless heater

Hello! I’m attempting to trouble shoot my 2022 268BH before I drag it to the dealership. I attached my hose from the city water attachment with a filter at one end and a pressure valve at the other end. When I followed the map diagram to support city inlet to the faucets, water proceeded to spray out of the other side of the rig. Specifically out of the tankless water heater. To add insult to injury now my heater isn’t working. Anyone have any ideas on what I may did wrong?!

Originally posted by WanderingYoli View Post
    Hello! I’m attempting to trouble shoot my 2022 268BH before I drag it to the dealership. I attached my hose from the city water attachment with a filter at one end and a pressure valve at the other end. When I followed the map diagram to support city inlet to the faucets, water proceeded to spray out of the other side of the rig. Specifically out of the tankless water heater. To add insult to injury now my heater isn’t working. Anyone have any ideas on what I may did wrong?!
    Where do you live? If the camper was stored in a freeze-prone environment, most likely a line inside split. See https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...n-water-heater for a long thread on the issue.

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by WanderingYoli View Post
      Could you please provide a picture of where the water is coming from at the water heater?

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Did you winterize the unit or someone else? Depending on where it is "shooting out of the unit" did you remember to install the filter screen and drain plug into the unit? Filter screen is a black plastic plug and the drain is the brass tube thing just under it.

As mentioned if not winterized properly there is a single tube up the back side of the unit that holds water and will freeze and crack.
        Joseph
        Tow
        Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
        Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
        South of Houston Texas

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1725.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	80.5 KB
ID:	115698Thank you for the replies! The rig was in Denver, CO from February till about 2 weeks ago. I’m now in Ontario,CA. Thank you for the reference of the thread I’ll go read it! I’ve attached a picture of the water heater!

Comment

The water heater drain tube does not appear to have its threaded plug installed . . . this could be where the water was "shooting" from.

Rob

Views:	254
Size:	130.2 KB
ID:	115701
            Cate & Rob
            (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
            2015 Reflection 303RLS
            2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
            Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Thank you! Unfortunately, I didn’t remove a plug from there at any point. We just emptied out the water from the pipes but did not put antifreeze in it.

Comment

The large white knob is the flow control. The black knob under that is the filter. The brass knob under that is the "low" drain. The clear tube to the right of that is the pressure relief pipe. If this unit was not winterized then there is most likely a broken or split tube on the right side near the bottom towards the back. I am not sure if Furrion is suppling any parts for these yet, they have not been doing this, so you will either need to repair that split pipe, which will be copper and very thin, or replace the entire unit. These are know to hold water in the most inconvenient place.

Brian
                Brian & Michelle
                2018 Reflection 29RS
                2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

If it's as other have posted, water is pouring out the left side where the hand is in the picture. This is an indication that the pipe on the back is split.

Check out https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...ase-read/page8 post 118 may be of interest.

Post 36 here also https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...r-heater/page2
                  Joseph
                  Tow
                  South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post
                    The water heater drain tube does not appear to have its threaded plug installed . . . this could be where the water was "shooting" from.

Rob

Views:	254
Size:	130.2 KB
ID:	115701
                    Rob, The small brass straight knurled open ended bar (hope that is enough of a description) with the red arrow pointing at it is actually the plug. The filter is the black knob right above it.

https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...age4#post72837 post 59 shows the end of the plug.
                    Joseph
                    Tow
                    South of Houston Texas

Comment

Jlawles2

Good catch Joseph . . . I stand corrected. (I don’t have first hand experience with this Furrion water heater). That’s where the wide range of hands on experience on this forum becomes so valuable .

No feedback from WanderingYoli as to when the leak actually came from . . .

Rob
                      Cate & Rob
                      (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
                      2015 Reflection 303RLS
                      2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
                      Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Working...
                      X