Water Pump set discharge pressure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water Pump set discharge pressure

We own a XLS 22MLE. In my quest to resolve fresh water leaks through out the system, I have ordered a new adjustable city water pressure regulator (a Renator adjustable regulator with gage). The owners manual says the onboard water pump has a shutoff pressure at 45 psig. I was curious and checked on line at the Pentair site. My installed pump is a Pentair Shureflo 4008-101-A65. The Pentair Shureflo site says this pump is set at 55 psig.

So what is the actual discharge pressure of the installed pump?? If it is 55 psig, then could the extra 10 pounds be the cause of water leaks from the fittings / cone washers??

Originally posted by Sully View Post
    We own a XLS 22MLE. In my quest to resolve fresh water leaks through out the system, I have ordered a new adjustable city water pressure regulator (a Renator adjustable regulator with gage). The owners manual says the onboard water pump has a shutoff pressure at 45 psig. I was curious and checked on line at the Pentair site. My installed pump is a Pentair Shureflo 4008-101-A65. The Pentair Shureflo site says this pump is set at 55 psig.

So what is the actual discharge pressure of the installed pump?? If it is 55 psig, then could the extra 10 pounds be the cause of water leaks from the fittings / cone washers??
    55 psig shouldn't cause an issue. That's a normal pressure. If your Imagine had a tank water heater, you'd be amazed (shocked!) at how high the internal system pressure rises due to heat expansion.

As my fellow moderator Cate&Rob has advocated many, many times on this forum; install a pressure gauge anywhere it's convenient in the cold water supply line after the city water connection to understand the true plumbing pressure values.

bogen2 has extensively modified their Nautilus panel and installed a pressure gauge. You may find the thread of interest: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...pressure-gauge

To find more threads on this topic, use your favorite search engine (Google, DuckDuckGo, etc) with the following search criteria: pressure gauge site:gdrvowners.com

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Could someone provide recommendations for make and size of best pressure accumulator to install downstream of the water pump? Thanks

Comment

Sully Try this thread. Howard did a great job documenting.

https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...o-i-install-it

Rob (cate&rob) did one also. https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...cumulator-tank
        Joseph
        Tow
        Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
        Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
        South of Houston Texas

Comment

Thank you, I’ll check it out

Comment

Sully I used a residential boiler expansion tank when I did mine. It allowed me to set the air pressure in it to exactly where I wanted when I installed a water pressure gauge into my nautilus panel as described above. It has been great, and works very well.

https://www.menards.com/main/plumbin...018-c-8691.htm
            Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
            2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
            2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Ncitro, I am interested in purchasing this accumulator. It’s a good size at 2.1 gallons, pre charged to 20#, and is adjustable. The rep I called says it needs to be mounted vertically. The 11” height would fit in the space I’m going to use on one condition.

The rep did not know if that 11” includes the threaded connection at the top or the pressure adjustment connection at the bottom. If it’s not too much trouble, could you please tell me the total height with all connections included, thanks

Comment

Ncitro, I am interested in purchasing this accumulator. It’s a good size at 2.1 gallons, pre charged to 20#, and is adjustable. The rep I called says it needs to be mounted vertically. The 11” height would fit in the space I’m going to use on one condition.

The rep did not know if that 11” includes the threaded connection at the top or the pressure adjustment connection at the bottom. If it’s not too much trouble, could you please tell me the total height with all connections included, thanks

I am away from my rig until next week, and installed mine behind the false wall in my pass through storage. If I can get to it before I leave for the national rally Friday I will. I'd guess it includes the nub on the bottom with the thread, but not whatever you thread it into obviously. I think I used a drop ear elbow under it that I screwed to the floor and put three big L brackets around it to hold it in place. I went around those with the big zip ties you use the tool to tighten. Been there for five years with no issue.

Neil Citro

Comment

I finally made it into the pass through of my rig today and measured. Mine is mounted vertically, abd I threaded a drop elbow onto the tank and screwed it down. From the floor to the top of the air chuck was about 13".

Neil Citro

Comment

Working...
                  X