Black Water Tank Smell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Water Tank Smell

I'm having a problem concerning a rotten egg smell after I flush the toilet. I've tried several treatments. Then I took to the dealership and they said it was corrected. But the smell keeps coming back. What else can be done?

More clear water.
    Ted
    2021 Reflection 310RLS
    2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

Originally posted by PTgirl View Post
      I'm having a problem concerning a rotten egg smell after I flush the toilet. I've tried several treatments. Then I took to the dealership and they said it was corrected. But the smell keeps coming back. What else can be done?
      You don't list you trailer. You may have a stuck air admittance valve under the sink or island. The other could be the vent is plugged. I found a wasp nest in mine last year.. As for pre treatment have you tried 1 cup Dawn and one Tied laundry pod with 10 gallons of water. Ben using for years with no odor, and it make emptying the tank easier as it prevent the pile from forming and helps break thing down during travel. Also helps clean the sensors.

Hope this helps
      2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Originally posted by PTgirl View Post
        As Keith ( Yoda ) mentioned, what model GD (and year)?

Howard
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
        2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

i solved the issue by using happy camper and following their directions
          2021 Solitude 390RK
          No truck - don't travel

Comment

Originally posted by tortuga View Post
            i solved the issue by using happy camper and following their directions
            As stated earlier lots of water is key to the RV black tank. After dumping the tank add 10 gallons of water to "start", this will keep plenty of water in the tank to help dissolve the solids.

Glad you got it sorted out.

Brian
            Brian & Michelle
            2018 Reflection 29RS
            2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

During our last outing, we ran into a neighbor who had the same thing happen to them. It was hot during our 3 days there and he had no shade whatsoever for pretty much most of the day. I was told by a seasoned camper that hot days may cause this issue and water is your friend.....along with appropriate treatments. We carry a product from Unique that has helped us keep the smell at bay in emergency cases, but we rarely use it. I am pretty OCD when it comes to the black tank.....probably too much work, but it works for us. I don't think the wife could handle the smell for long.
              2023 GD Imagine XLS 23 LDE
              2021 Toyota Tundra CM 4x4 5.7L
              Roadmaster Active Suspension (RAS)
              Curt Tru-Track 4P (8k) WDH
              Haloview BT-7 w/ Side Marker Cameras

Comment

Working...
              X