no hot water?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no hot water?

New to me 2016 solitude 369rl. Water in WH gets hot, but no hot water inside coach. Kantleak is set to city water and WH bypass set to normal. I drained WH and replaced a virtually non existent anode. Connected everything back up and the water heater isn't filling up with water. I didn't want to fire anything up and risk damage to the element. I did find that if I turned the WH bypass to the bypass setting, the heater tank filled with water. Could these lines be backwards? Or an I doing something else wrong?

Maybe mislabeled?
    Ted
    2021 Reflection 310RLS
    2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

Originally posted by jvc-369rl View Post
      New to me 2016 solitude 369rl. Water in WH gets hot, but no hot water inside coach. Kantleak is set to city water and WH bypass set to normal. I drained WH and replaced a virtually non existent anode. Connected everything back up and the water heater isn't filling up with water. I didn't want to fire anything up and risk damage to the element. I did find that if I turned the WH bypass to the bypass setting, the heater tank filled with water. Could these lines be backwards? Or an I doing something else wrong?
      Check that your outside spray faucets are closed. or are you getting no water out at all/? A picture of you panel valve settings might help too.
      2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Hi jvc-369rl . . . Welcome to the early Grand Design "Kantleak" owners group. This is a much-discussed water system that is what I call a "clever design . . . poorly executed" LOL.

To the specifics of your question, the water heater bypass valve is a two position valve that connects both input and output to the water heater, or to each other in bypass mode. Turned clockwise is the "normal" position. It would be difficult to plumb this valve in reverse . . . but, anything is possible. Maybe the handle is not positioned correctly?

The main 4 position valve, to the left, handles wha it takes several valves to do in later systems, but it is very important to remove pressure before turning this valve. There are a number of passages through the central cartridge with individual O rings that will get blown out of position is pressure is not removed first. If making sure that the water heater bypass valve is in the correct position does not fix the issue . . . we will delve into the main valve possibilities.

Do you still have the attached valve position diagram (usually on the back of the access door.)

Rob

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0324.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	154.2 KB
ID:	124328
        Cate & Rob
        (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
        2015 Reflection 303RLS
        2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
        Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Working...
        X