Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gray tank plumbing

2023 solitude s
    shower and kitchen sink are going into the same holding tank with the bathroom sink going into the other tank. I have contacted the shop where we purchased the unit, they confirm this and GD tell them that is how they intended it.. Result, of course, is that I don't have full use of the holding capacity. Any suggestions on approaching GD to have this corrected under warranty.??
    2023 Solitude 3460FL-R
    2021 F350 4WD
    paulah

Originally posted by paulahotard View Post
    2023 solitude s
    shower and kitchen sink are going into the same holding tank with the bathroom sink going into the other tank. I have contacted the shop where we purchased the unit, they confirm this and GD tell them that is how they intended it.. Result, of course, is that I don't have full use of the holding capacity. Any suggestions on approaching GD to have this corrected under warranty.??
    Which model Solitude?
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

It's a 3460 FL-R
      2023 Solitude 3460FL-R
      2021 F350 4WD
      paulah

Comment

2023 solitude s
        On your 3460FL-R, the bathroom sink and kitchen sink should drain into one gray tank, the shower drains into it's own tank. At least according to the information available to the moderators.

Call GD Customer Service and ask them for a copy of the DWV Plan for your Solitude. It will show exactly what I just wrote. Below is a partial snip that I think is OK for me to post without violating GD's rule (we're not allowed to post full prints).

HOWEVER -- please note -- just because the print shows what you expect, that does not mean there wasn't a production change due to any number of factors. However, if that's true GD Customer Service should be able to verify the print shows one layout and that it was changed in yours {enter reason}.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	116
Size:	19.9 KB
ID:	127679

Howard
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
        2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Thanks for your attention, I have the same schematic. Trying to learn the best approach with GD to get them to change it. What possible reason could there be to make a change for the worse. PH
          2023 Solitude 3460FL-R
          2021 F350 4WD
          paulah

Comment

Thanks for your attention, I have the same schematic. Trying to learn the best approach with GD to get them to change it. What possible reason could there be to make a change for the worse. PH
            I think only customer service can answer that. Did they provide you with that plan? If so I would ask them if your specific VIN was subject to any changes on the line, or if not then I would ask them what the next step is to get it corrected.

Regardless reaching out to them directly would be my next step.

Neil Citro
            2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
            2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Hmm. Guess I must be reading that diagram wrong. Looks to me like the shower uses one tank and kitchen and bath sinks use the other🤷‍♂️
              Rich

Comment

Originally posted by RV2600RB View Post
                Hmm. Guess I must be reading that diagram wrong. Looks to me like the shower uses one tank and kitchen and bath sinks use the other🤷‍♂️
                Rich
                This is what the drawing shows and what makes sense . . . the originator of this thread is saying that his RV is not built as shown in this diagram and is looking for advice on how to get this corrected. A discussion that they need to have with their dealer or Grand Design Customer Service.

Rob
                Cate & Rob
                (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
                2015 Reflection 303RLS
                2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
                Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

If the snippet in post 4 is correct, then paulahotard should have three drain valves, two gray and one black.

Is it safe to assume, Paula, that you have verified that the bathroom sink runs into the black tank (easiest way I think of is after draining the black tank, leave the drain valve open and run water into the bathroom sink and see if water runs out the drain)? I know your dealer and GD both say this is correct, but the snippet show different, so verifying for yourself how it is plumbed seems a reasonable step.

As for changing the sink drain to a different tank, I'm not familer with your trailer and so can not offer any specific advise. All the drainage piping is common sizes and fittings, so it may come down to accessibility. Just remember to keep some slope (1/4" per foot, minimum) in the rerouted drain line.
                  John
                  2018 Momentum 395M
                  2018 Ram 3500 Dually
                  Every day is a Saturday, but with no lawn to mow.

Comment

Working...
                  X