Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black tank flush out port

Hi

I have noticed water leaking out of the bottom of my reflection. I took the belly cover off. Noticed that the fitting on the black tank flush out port was cracked. (picture attached) looks like a nylon fitting How can this be fixed please send me directions if you have.

Thanks
    Mark
    Attached Files

Unfortunately I believe those fittings are spin welded onto the tank. This involved "welding" the fitting onto the tank by rotating it at high speed until the fitting bonds to the tank. Only way to replace it would be to pull the tank, and cut out the fitting and have a plastic shop spin weld a new fitting on. Given its the black tank and its general condition I would suspect it would be easier to replace the tank.

You could try glue or epoxy on the fitting, but since it is cracked where the hose barb is threaded into it (the threads will want to push it apart) I do not think you will have much luck. Maybe a hose clamp over the cracked portion and then epoxy over that?
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
    2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
    2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

For reference this is how spin welding works.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTGc...ojectofScience
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro

Comment

Thanks but no room for a router I guess I need to take to a repair facility

Mark

Comment

Use a high heat gun and plastic welding stick.
          Ted
          2021 Reflection 310RLS
          2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

Originally posted by Beavercamp View Post
            Thanks but no room for a router I guess I need to take to a repair facility

Mark
            Yeah you would need to drop the tank and then spin weld it. Given what they get for the router attachment I would be looking for a place to take it anyway, or a replacement tank, they are probably cheaper than what a shop would charge to repair it.

Neil Citro

Comment

Replacement flush spray nozzles are available that fasten with screws and a gasket to the outside of the tank. Even if you buy a new tank, it will not likely have a flush attachment in the same location. https://www.amazon.com/Thetford-9423...iABEgJ3lfD_BwE

Rob
              Cate & Rob
              (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
              2015 Reflection 303RLS
              2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
              Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

That’s a good point Rob, I forgot I put an aftermarket one on my old rig. I wonder if you could drill out the cracked one and put a aftermarket over the hole?

Neil Citro

Comment

If you are lucky enough you could fish a bulkhead fitting up to that point putting the nut on the outside. Just put a Viton O-ring on the inside. https://www.amazon.com/ANPTGHT-Bulkh...31&sr=8-3&th=1 Use fishing line or string out the dump valve to the exit where you then use the included plug with a hole drilled in it to attach the fitting. the just pull it up into place and put the nut on from the outside.

You can even glue a plastic barb fitting into the bulkhead so that you have something to use for holding the fitting to tighten.
                  Joseph
                  Tow
                  Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                  Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                  South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by ncitro View Post
                    That’s a good point Rob, I forgot I put an aftermarket one on my old rig. I wonder if you could drill out the cracked one and put a aftermarket over the hole?
                    That’s what I was thinking . . . (although I have never tried this)

Rob
                    Cate & Rob
                    (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
                    2015 Reflection 303RLS
                    2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
                    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Working...
                    X