Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2023 23bhe water tank dumps water out of over flow during travel.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ted S, thank you and yes I agree adding drain valves is a good idea and easy to do. I don't winterize the RV and we don't use it outside of summer. Both still working full time (seriously overrated) and we live in a climate that I wouldn't want to camp outside of the summer months, far too damn cold. Easily zero or below regularly from Dec through Feb. The RV is fortunate enough to be stored in our own fully enclosed, insulated and climate controlled building. I keep the temperature set at 42 deg F so it's never colder than that. If I was willing to buy the propane I would kick the temp up to 65 deg F but that just seems excessive.

I got the mod finished late last fall and haven't used it yet but we will be heading out the last week of May so it'll get tested soon and make any adjustments needed. Regarding post #6, the PDF and the dual vent lines, our RV is a 2023 with the dual vent lines and last summer we went 1.5 hours away and in that time lost nearly half of the tank of water. I wasn't happy when we ran out of water on about day 5 or 6 and had to haul water and we were using the showers in the park. I fully expect a much better experience this summer when we repeat that trip.
    Craig
    2023 Reflection 297RSTS
    2000 Ford F-350

Comment

Originally posted by Deveasey View Post
      I have a 2023 23bhe and we use harvest host often but our fresh water tank “leaks” out of the overflow during travel.

I topped off before leaving a KOA and 4 hours later when we arrived at the harvest host we had 1/4 - 1/2 tank. I lost 1/2 a tank while on the road. I’m assuming this is the sloshing coming out of the over flow can you prevent this?
      This thread may help https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...hile-traveling Instead of a valve attached directly to the vent can you attach a pipe and run forward to your pass through and then 90 up? This creates a constant vent to the tank and you dont need to remember to change a valve setting. However dont forget to add the T and valve for filling and draining.

Just brainstorming here
      Keith
      2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Replace the first elbow at the vent with a 3-way valve that would direct all vent plumbing out or select direct vent to added vent plumbing. I believe the type valve has a T-drilled ball valve that will connect all ports together.
        Ted
        2021 Reflection 310RLS
        2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

Working...
        X