Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Camco's Flexible Drain (Mini Product Review)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JBill9694 View Post
    ...I have added 2 sections of 10' PVC gutter (cut into 6' and 4' lengths to fit in the back of the truck) and have been very pleased with them. The gutter pieces nest to gather and I can slide the inner one in or out to customize the length, the hose fits into the gutter too...
    Interesting--I don't think I've ever read or seen anything like it (I'm always keeping an eye out when walking around campgrounds for clever solutions).
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

(I'm always keeping an eye out when walking around campgrounds for clever solutions).
      Since we have wandered a little ways off the title topic and are discussing support structures for the sewer hose . . . I am always amazed at the number of campers who work really hard to make sure their sewer hose has a smooth downhill run all the way from the trailer to the in-ground connection.

In my opinion, this hose should always be configured to include a "P" trap, just like any other connection to a sewer system. (exceptions being the duck bill valve or positive seal ball valve that perform the same function as the water seal in a P trap).

If you are in the habit of leaving a grey tank gate open, the park sewer system will be venting through your trailer stack if the hose from trailer to sewer is a dry run. Even if you keep all your tank gate valves closed, any little critters living in the park sewer system might like the relatively warm and dry manifold of your in-trailer drain system.

As long as the trailer connection is higher than the ground sewer connection, it doesn't matter how the hose gets from one to the other. The shower water flush at the end of each dump process will leave soapy water in a lower part of the hose (the P trap), blocking the connection between your trailer and the park sewer until next time you dump.

Just my perspective . . .

Rob
      Cate & Rob
      (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
      2015 Reflection 303RLS
      2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
      Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post

Since we have wandered a little ways off the title topic and are discussing support structures for the sewer hose . . . I am always amazed at the number of campers who work really hard to make sure their sewer hose has a smooth downhill run all the way from the trailer to the in-ground connection.

In my opinion, this hose should always be configured to include a "P" trap, just like any other connection to a sewer system. (exceptions being the duck bill valve or positive seal ball valve that perform the same function as the water seal in a P trap).

If you are in the habit of leaving a grey tank gate open, the park sewer system will be venting through your trailer stack if the hose from trailer to sewer is a dry run. Even if you keep all your tank gate valves closed, any little critters living in the park sewer system might like the relatively warm and dry manifold of your in-trailer drain system.

As long as the trailer connection is higher than the ground sewer connection, it doesn't matter how the hose gets from one to the other. The shower water flush at the end of each dump process will leave soapy water in a lower part of the hose (the P trap), blocking the connection between your trailer and the park sewer until next time you dump.

Just my perspective . . .

Rob
        Second on that one...

I don’t worry about keeping things running perfectly downhill, as long as they are overall downhill between the trailer valve and the campsite drain. I keep the Valera closed on the end of the system (on the trailer) as well as the internal valves. I usually dump the grey each morning, and the black when it’s needed. That’s usually after 4-5 days. On those mornings, I hold off on the grey until I dump the black then finish off with a flush from the gray.

I heard a story (we can always believe those when we hear them...) about a “sewer rat” that came up through the drain and into the trailer tank. Maybe so, maybe not, but I figure that I lessen any chance of that by keeping things closed up as well as some water trapped in the drain hose.
        Last edited by Tom in PGH; 04-26-2020, 11:51 AM.
        Tom and Janice (also known as Richter on the “Other” forum)

First came the 18' Comfort bumper-pull, was great for 20 years.
        Now a 2019 Reflection 303RLS, second air, double glass, table and chairs
        2019 F350 Lariat 4x4 Crewcab with lots of goodies
        Andersen aluminum with the puck system holding it all together
        Cranberry Twp. PA, about 30 miles north of Pittsburgh

Comment

Cate&Rob Tom in PGH . Good point about the P-trap, but using the gutter or the accordion, or another type of support doesn't mean you can't have a sag in the line. That said, I keep my grey valve closed and empty the tank daily as part of my walk-around the trailer so not too worried about having a P-trap.
          John
          2018 Momentum 395M
          2018 Ram 3500 Dually
          Every day is a Saturday, but with no lawn to mow.

Comment

Where do you guys store tour sewer hose(s)?
            I use the Rhino as do a lot of you and I store mine under the trailer in a white 5inch fence post with hinged caps. Secured to the structural members on bottom of trailer using beam-clamps and all-thread.
            Sorry no photos , in storage right now!
            Keith and Diane
            2014 Reflection 337 RLS
            2017 Ram 3500 SRW Cummins Mega Cab

Comment

Originally posted by Kksfish View Post
              Where do you guys store tour sewer hose(s)
              Hi Keith,

With a 2014 Reflection, you should have the 4” square tube rear bumper that will store the sewer hose.

Rob

Cate & Rob
              2015 Reflection 303RLS
              Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Cate&Rob

Normally it would fit in the bumper....but with the fittings left on the ends the Rhinoflex won’t fit! I didn’t like keeping in a tote as I’ve seen others do so I installed the under belly storage in which I will also put some gutter sections!
                Keith and Diane
                2014 Reflection 337 RLS
                2017 Ram 3500 SRW Cummins Mega Cab

Comment

Kksfish

Rhinoflex does make end elbows that are removable and some that are not. I went with the removable ones and store them in a tote and the hose in the bumper.

Rob
                  Cate & Rob
                  2015 Reflection 303RLS
                  Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Working...
                  X