Major Nautilus leak - I've been dreading this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Leef13 View Post
    Does anyone know where I can get this (circled in blue) Mine I'm assuming was either pushed out due to Ice, or was severely cross threaded as the threads that screw into the manifold are completely messed up.
    The one end with the hex shape has male threads that scres into the manifold. (The one in question is for the blue knob on the docking station) Those threads are pooched. Then from there, its a 90 degree elbow with male threads on both ends, then the pex fitting screws on to the elbow.
    The piece I really need is the part with the hex nut part. It has a plastic insert and the elbow has a rubber tapered washer.
    I've tried looking on various manufacturer sited but have been unable to find this part.
    I'm hoping the threads in the manifold aren't pooched as well but I guess I won't find out til I get a replacement.
    Failing to find the correct part, would there be an easy fix for this?
    Thanks!
    If HD or Loews does not have it check with a plumbing supply store/wearhouse. I have 2 in my town that sell retail - you don't need to be a plumber to buy from them. I would call the hex fitting a boss O-ring NTP male end by cone washer female that the NTP male by male threaded elbow fits in (terms used for similar hydraulic fitting). Its basically a swivel 90 composed of 2 parts. You may be able to find it as one part. If you go brass on the hex boss O-ring fitting and are very careful it will reform the plastic threads on the valve. Teflon tape will help. If you can remove the valve from the panel face and make the connection up and then put it back it may be easier. If you have the valve off take everything with you to the plumbing store. If the valve threading is messed up to bad they probably have a replacement that will work. Be sure fittings are for PEX.

Hope this helps
    Keith
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

I will try this. Thanks for the help!

Comment

Working...
      X