Shower drains to black tank on 2020 328G

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shower drains to black tank on 2020 328G

Hello, new to using a forum. Hopefully I can get some help.

2020 328G Momentum. Our 52 gallon black tank has been filling very fast...just a few days and we have to find a dump station. Yesterday I did an experiment and ran Soapy water into the shower, after all tanks were dumped and empty. After 5 minutes, we pulled the levers again. The black tank had all the soapy shower water, nothing came from from either gray. The labels are not mixed up, trust me we know black water.

So why the heck is my shower going to the black and not to the 39 gallon bathroom gray? How do we get this fixed?? Bought in AZ and we are in Maine now, as we are full-timers. We have nowhere else to live and I surely can’t fix plumbing!

thank you very much if anyone can tell me how to get it fixed

Janizona

If you are still under warranty you would have to go thru a dealer or if they are not close enough get a mobile tech to come to you, being full time I would choose the mobile tech. Contact your selling dealer and also Grand Design to get things rolling. If you can remove the rearward wall in the pass thru storage and get some pictures of the black plumbing pipes that come down from the toilet , bath sink , and shower and where each one enters the tanks below the floor this will tell how and what tank they are draining in. I am sure you would get proper care to get this fixed.

If you can get those pictures you can post here and also have them to send Grand Design customer service so they can see what the problem is , also have your vin # when calling.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Pictures are hard. Also did video. Looks like the shower is tied into the black tank vent?Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200810_170258.jpg
Views:	1066
Size:	171.5 KB
ID:	26764Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200810_170644.jpg
Views:	1083
Size:	153.0 KB
ID:	26765Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200810_170021.jpg
Views:	986
Size:	140.6 KB
ID:	26767
      Attached Files

Comment

Video if this works. https://photos.app.goo.gl/RzCfknYGsndyRoDdA
        Last edited by Janizona; 08-10-2020, 04:40 PM.

Comment

Great job on the pics and video. I would get this to Grand Design customer service or the Momentum shop. I think that this is plumbed wrong and needs fixed.

Brian
          Brian & Michelle
          2018 Reflection 29RS
          2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

QUOTE=Janizona;n26742]Hello, new to using a forum. Hopefully I can get some help.

2020 328G Momentum. Our 52 gallon black tank has been filling very fast...just a few days and we have to find a dump station. Yesterday I did an experiment and ran Soapy water into the shower, after all tanks were dumped and empty. After 5 minutes, we pulled the levers again. The black tank had all the soapy shower water, nothing came from from either gray. The labels are not mixed up, trust me we know black water.

So why the heck is my shower going to the black and not to the 39 gallon bathroom gray? How do we get this fixed?? Bought in AZ and we are in Maine now, as we are full-timers. We have nowhere else to live and I surely can’t fix plumbing!

thank you very much if anyone can tell me how to get it fixed
            [/QUOTE]

Wow--that's a new one. Brian has given you good advice to contact Grand Design Customer Service. This is definitely not right and needs to get fixed. Thankfully it *should* be relatively easy for an experienced tech to route correctly.

I see your VIN is in your profile so that's good. You also get a private message ("PM") from our hosts, but don't wait for that--call Customer Service as Brian recommended/

--------break-------

FYI GDRV-Emily and GDRV-Megan
            Last edited by howson; 09-03-2020, 07:32 PM. Reason: Removed pic with wrong phone #.
            Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
            2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Janizona we would like to notify production of this as well. Please reach out to our support team tomorrow when they reopen at 8am 574-825-9679, but if you could also please email your VIN to marketing@granddesignrv.com attn Emily and ref this post.... That would be great. Thank you!

Comment

Done! Sent to customer service and to Emily.

Thank you so much.

Comment

Update on this issue. Have an appointment with an RV shop to get it fixed. They said they have several other rigs in there for the same 🤪

Comment

How did this work out for you?

Last edited by mpking; 09-05-2020, 10:53 AM.
                    Mike
                    2017 Imagine 2800BH pushing a 2019 Ford F150 Platinum

Formerly: 2002 Rockwood Popup

Comment

Fixed! They kept the rig for 5 hours.

Comment

Originally posted by Janizona View Post
                        Fixed! They kept the rig for 5 hours.
                        That is an amazing quick turn around. Kudos to your dealership's service department.

Jim
                        Jim and Ginnie
                        2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
                        GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
                        GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Thanks Jim. I didn't even purchase from them!

Comment

My 328g has the exact plumbing janzona. An hour and $25 to fix.
                            I was actually looking for a water line banging on the wall when pumping.
                            Mathis also explained why the front gray tank was always empty.
                            I probably wouldn’t have noticed the plumbing screwup with out your post.
                            thank You Janizona!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike&debbie View Post
                              My 328g has the exact plumbing janzona. An hour and $25 to fix.
                              I was actually looking for a water line banging on the wall when pumping.
                              Mathis also explained why the front gray tank was always empty.
                              I probably wouldn’t have noticed the plumbing screwup with out your post.
                              thank You Janizona!
                              I'm glad Janizona post and subsequent helped! I see this was your first post, so please check out the welcome letter when you get a chance: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members

Howard (moderator)
                              Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
                              2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
                              X