Here's a much less expensive version:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Bidet.jpg
Views:	370
Size:	47.8 KB
ID:	35962
      Jim
      Lol that’s awesome
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
      2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
      2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

I installed an electric bidet in my RV and I absolutely love it. If you have an outlet near by it works wonders. Personally I hate those cold water cold seat attachments.
        It was like 2-300 dollars so it was worth it for a heated seat and air dryer.

https://www.barumiusa.com/product-pa...-converter-kit

Comment

Originally posted by bertschb View Post
          From what I've been able to gather, the Thetford toilets (at least my model 42070) have a bulge at the rear that interferes with some toilet seat attachment bidet installs. Here is a view of the rear of the Thetford toilet. The area with the red line is what interferes with the bidet bracket.

Name:	toilet.jpeg
Views:	889
Size:	97.8 KB
ID:	35623

You have to trim the plastic bracket that is used to mount the bidet to the toilet seat bolts. It's a hack but this wouldn't be the first time I've done a hack job on something.

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-11-22 at 1.45.10 PM.png
Views:	1027
Size:	547.1 KB
ID:	35622
          I know this is an old post but I got as far as you did on my own with the same kind of seat (via trimming, etc) without looking at the water supply hose that was feeding the toilet. It appears to be a flexible line running out of a closed off area behind the shower. It's 1/2" but I can't tell what the OD is on it. I was planning on using a 1/2x1/2x3/8 sharkbite T but I am afraid to cut the flex line and not be able to make my the fitting woork. What did you use to attach the water supply? Thank you!

Comment

dillpunk

If the water line to the toilet is Pex pipe (hard plastic) a sharkbite T will work. More likely, the OE connection to the toilet is a softer braided hose with a 1/2" ID. A sharkbite connector should not be used on this hose because the internal teeth of the sharkbite will continue to work into the hose and will eventually cause a leak. The best solution is to follow that soft hose back to where it connects to the Pex plumbing and replace it with Pex pipe. If you want to T into the soft hose, a 1/2" hose barb fitting with either Pex clamp rings or worm gear hose clamps should work.

Rob
            Cate & Rob
            (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
            2015 Reflection 303RLS
            2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
            Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post
              dillpunk

If the water line to the toilet is Pex pipe (hard plastic) a sharkbite T will work. More likely, the OE connection to the toilet is a softer braided hose with a 1/2" ID. A sharkbite connector should not be used on this hose because the internal teeth of the sharkbite will continue to work into the hose and will eventually cause a leak. The best solution is to follow that soft hose back to where it connects to the Pex plumbing and replace it with Pex pipe. If you want to T into the soft hose, a 1/2" hose barb fitting with either Pex clamp rings or worm gear hose clamps should work.

Rob
              This is good info and kind of what I figured. The supply line is NOT pex and is the weird braided soft nylon pipe. I figured what you said would happen would happen when I noticed, which is why I didn't install the sharkbite. I wish the whole damn trailer was plumbed with pex and I am tempted to repipe it myself someday. Unfortunately, I have a Transcend 247bh and the suppy line feeds into a funky towel cabinet thing behind the shower and there was no access to the cavity that I could find. I think using the barb tee fitting is going to be the best bet but still not ideal as I don't trust this stuff regardless of the fitting.

Thank you for the help Rob!

Comment

Working...
              X