Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hot Water Flow Through a P1 Nautilus Panel (Enabled & Disabled)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot Water Flow Through a P1 Nautilus Panel (Enabled & Disabled)

These diagrams were made in response to a member's question--figured they should be posted in the RM section, too, for those that are curious.

Note the lines are specific to a 2019 315RLTS that comes ready for a washer so there may be "extra" lines from what another Nautilus-equipped trailer has plumbed.

In this first diagram, the red knob (hot water heater bypass) is at the 12 o'clock position (enabled) so hot water flows out of the heater tank. Blue arrows indicate cold water flow, red arrows indicate hot water flow. A "bulb" at the end of a line means the water stops at that point.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_5501.jpg Views:	4 Size:	96.0 KB ID:	37621

In the section diagram below, the red Nautilus knob is at the 3 o'clock position (disabled) so the cold water bypasses the hot water heater. Note how the cold water stops at the water heater exit (doesn't flow into the tank backwards) due to the check valve.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_5502.jpg Views:	4 Size:	94.4 KB ID:	37620
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Originally posted by howson View Post
    These diagrams were made in response to a member's question--figured they should be posted in the RM section, too, for those that are curious...
    Howard great discussion. Your drawing illustrates why I blow out (winterize) my system with the hot water heater "enabled" so I can get the lines drained. Otherwise in bypass, neither line to the HWH gets drained or winterized. Yes the low point drains are there, but when I dropped the belly I found they were not at the true low point.

Keith
    Last edited by howson; 12-11-2020, 07:13 PM. Reason: Shortened quote to make Keith's reply stand out...
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoda View Post

Howard great discussion. Your drawing illustrates why I blow out (winterize) my system with the hot water heater "enabled" so I can get the lines drained. Otherwise in bypass, neither line to the HWH gets drained or winterized. Yes the low point drains are there, but when I dropped the belly I found they were not at the true low point.

Keith
      Perhaps that's also why the manual says to have the valve(s) at 45 degrees? (Allows air in all directions at once?)

to be clear, I'm not a proponent for air and see no point in blowing out the system prior to using anti-freeze. (I've done both.)
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
      2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

howson Thank you for for all the time and experience that you use in creating and sharing these diagrams. Grand Design owes you a permanent spot at the factory campground and unfettered access to the factory floor. Can you imagine having someone that would be able to go look at a new unit going down the line and see what somebody is asking about. We got to see an active Thor line and then talk to a few of the employees at their quitting time. What I would give to be able to follow our next one down the line and see what exactly is behind every panel and know that certain things were done.
        Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
        Nash County, NC
        2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Originally posted by ThePowells View Post
          howson Thank you for for all the time and experience that you use in creating and sharing these diagrams. Grand Design owes you a permanent spot at the factory campground and unfettered access to the factory floor. Can you imagine having someone that would be able to go look at a new unit going down the line and see what somebody is asking about. We got to see an active Thor line and then talk to a few of the employees at their quitting time. What I would give to be able to follow our next one down the line and see what exactly is behind every panel and know that certain things were done.
          We have seen it and trust us you do not want to. I have a long time local dealer friends and after his first trip to a manufacture he told me he would never own an RV. There are things that you just do not want to see.

Brian
          Brian & Michelle
          2018 Reflection 29RS
          2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post

We have seen it and trust us you do not want to. I have a long time local dealer friends and after his first trip to a manufacture he told me he would never own an RV. There are things that you just do not want to see.

Brian
            Kind of like seeing the kitchen at your favorite dinner spot?
            2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
            2021 303RLS
            Electricians were created because engineers need heroes too...

Comment

you're right about that!

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post

Brian
              Rich and Sara

2019 Ford F150 Platinum
              2021 Imagine 2600RB

I plan to live forever. So far so good.

Comment

Great info. As I'm on a tight schedule, I'm going to just get it done this am and work thorough the diagrams later. Thanks Howson, that should get me where I need to be.
                2019 310GK-R F350 Mule
                2018 30XP Greyhawk 2015 Forrester Toad

Comment

Working...
                X