Fresh water tank busted, 1st time used, 2019 2500RL Imagine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fresh water tank busted, 1st time used, 2019 2500RL Imagine

Our first time usage of of a new 2019 2500RL Imagine was not very enjoyable. We drove to the Utah mountains, a distance of about 525 miles, expecting to dry camp in a national park near by. When I started filling the fresh water tank water simply poured out the bottom of the RV. No local GD dealers were available so we bought water jugs from WalMart and just shortened our stay. The RV was returned to our local dealer yesterday and I was informed that the tank was split and would have to wait for GD approval before a new tank could be ordered. There was no explanation as to why the tank was split because the bottom is fully enclosed; therefor, no objects from traveling could have damaged it.

That is not good. I have not heard of any being split , but I can surely see that it could happen. This must have been bad from the factory. This also should have been found at the factory PDI , as well as the dealer.
    I would suggest that you contact Grand Design and let them know the issue , this will keep the dealer on there toes as well.
    Please keep us informed.

Also , welcome to the Forum.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

I've been following GDRV tech issues since 2014. This is the first one I've ever heard of. Yikes.

Jim
      Jim and Ginnie
      2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
      GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
      GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

I have also not heard of a "split" water tank. If you can get a picture from your dealer after they drop the coroplast, this would be interesting to see.
        Since the leak began when you started to fill the tank, I am wondering about a separated connection on the fill line . . . a much more likely problem.

Rob
        Cate & Rob
        (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
        2015 Reflection 303RLS
        2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
        Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

I’m interested in this also. A while back I posted a question to the forum regarding a very loud “popping” noise coming from the grey tanks when they were approaching full. No one else had this issue, and I just try to dump the tanks frequently. No water leakage yet, but I would like to see what yours looks like.
          Steve, Sue, and pups Sky & Sierra
          2017 Grand Design Reflection 297RSTS
          2017 F350 CC, LB, 4x4, 6.7 Blue Ox WD

Comment

2020 25g momentum, my first time out the water “drained” out 75 gallons on the way to my dry camp, siphoning effect from the pressurized water tanks. That’s probably why yours split...over pressurized something wrong with the air release. Not surprised!! I can’t keep fresh water in my tanks. Drains 3 times now. I had to cap them both. At GD suggestion which is ridiculous. We have a laundry list 4 pages long now and running. The furnace tonight as it dipped to 44 in my camp, no heat to the main kitchen dinette! All the heat goes to the bathroom. Makes a great sweat lodge!!! I am not happy. To say the least

Comment

• Yoda
              Yoda commented
              Editing a comment
              There are several workable solution to solving your water tank while driving. This was mine. The air/vac is not needed if the vent line is caped with screen to prevent bugs from getting in at the same elevation. https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...hile-traveling.
          Working...
          X