No Water in 2021 Transcend Xplor 260RB, first time use

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Water in 2021 Transcend Xplor 260RB, first time use

I have taken my new Transcend Xplor 260RB out for it's maiden voyage. It was winterized so upon hook up I was going to run water through it to rinse out the antifreeze. Hooked up water, opened the check valves at the water heater, closed the mixer valve and opened the faucets, got a good burst of air and some antifreeze but can't get the water to flow. When it sits a while it builds water pressure, then I get a good flow for 30 seconds, then slows to a trickle. Grand design closed for the weekend, the RV dealer wasn't able to help....I have no water! Please help!

Also, have valve set to city water, used the hose to fill the holding tank from the outside port and still nothing, not even with pump. (may have burned up pump because does not seem to run now).

Comment

I'm not 100% familiar with the settings on the Transcend--can you take a few pictures of the controls and settings? That will help someone here with a similar setup to diagnose the issue.

Can you hear water running? (It's got to be going somewhere if it is.)

Do all of the faucets, toilet, and shower act the same way?
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

These were all the valves I could find. I have opened the valves at the water heater and have the inflow set to city water. I am still getting a good flow after everything sits for a while, but flow lasts for maybe 20 seconds and then slows to a trickle. I can't hear water flowing (as in a leak) see no leakage below the camper. have opened and closed the drain valves, filled the holding tank externally, and yes, all faucets, shower and toilet act the same.

Comment

stooge40

Are you running a pressure regulator on the city water hose? The problem sounds like a major restriction in the water supply.
          The only think that does not fit this theory is why you can't use the onboard tank and pump . . . although, it is possible that the tank did not fill because of a city water restriction.

If you disconnect the hose from the RV, do you get a good continuous flow of water out of the disconnected hose?

Rob
          Cate & Rob
          (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
          2015 Reflection 303RLS
          2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
          Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

No flow restrictor on the hose yes good flow from the hose I used it to fill the tank through the external port

Comment

stooge40 -- first thing that jumps out at me is the battery disconnect appears to be off. Put the key back in and turn it to ON so the battery will charge.

If you're not plugged in to shore power this could also explain why your pump is not working.
              Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Comment

Cate&Rob -- in pic #2 of stooge40's photos two of the valves look closed to me. Shouldn't all of the "pointers" on the valves be parallel with the water lines? Two are perpendicular and only one is perpendicular. ???

Comment

Originally posted by stooge40 View Post
                  No flow restrictor on the hose yes good flow from the hose I used it to fill the tank through the external port
                  This situation sounds like a flow restriction that lets the pressure build through a small opening with all faucets closed, but can’t keep up with flow when a faucet is opened. The problem is that there is no valve common to both the city and pump outflow. For the city supply, there is the inlet check valve that could be the restriction . . . but, this would not affect supply from the on-board pump. I would look for a folded or significantly bent Pex pipe or soft hose on the output side of the pump, down stream of where the city feed Ts in.

BTW, I note in your pictures that you have the water heater valves set to bypass. Not that this would affect the current problem, but just an observation.

Rob
                  Cate & Rob
                  (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
                  2015 Reflection 303RLS
                  2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
                  Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

According to the pics by the water heater, perpendicular is open, parallel is closed. Didnt make sense to me, but thats what the pic showed. And yes, I am on shore power.

Comment

These were all the valves I could find. I have opened the valves at the water heater and have the inflow set to city water. I am still getting a good flow after everything sits for a while, but flow lasts for maybe 20 seconds and then slows to a trickle. I can't hear water flowing (as in a leak) see no leakage below the camper. have opened and closed the drain valves, filled the holding tank externally, and yes, all faucets, shower and toilet act the same.
                      In picture #2 your hot water heater is in by pass mode. To work and fill the heater the handles in the top and bottom line need to be parallel with the pipe. The handle in the center red/blue line should be 90 degrees to the pipe. It just opposite of what you have. One other thing to check - disconnect your city water and check flow from the hydrant. Also look at the inlet screen in the city water connection for debris.
                      Hope this helps
                      2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

According to the pics by the water heater, perpendicular is open, parallel is closed. Didnt make sense to me, but thats what the pic showed. And yes, I am on shore power.
                        Do you get water out of it? Seems 100% backwards of the way a normal ball valve works.
                        2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

And yes, I am on shore power.
                          Hmmm...then your pump should still work off the converter. With the battery disconnect OFF (key removed) your battery is not charging, though. Has nothing to do with the water issue...just an FYI.

Comment

stooge40 -- not sure what the sticker on the camper is showing, but this is a visual representation of the hot water flow (or lack thereof) based on the valve settings in the picture. (All that should happen is the hot water tank won't fill. You should still get cold water out of the hot water faucets.)

Click image for larger version  Name:	water flow.JPG Views:	0 Size:	129.3 KB ID:	40228

Changing the settings as recommended by Keith in post 11 will get the water to flow through (and fill) the hot water tank.
                            Last edited by howson; 01-16-2021, 07:13 PM.

Comment

stooge40 as a troubleshooting step you should be able to open the pressure relief valve on the water heater and see if you get good flow out of it. Do you have an outside shower? A spray port? Just wondering if all of your fixtures have the same problem. Like Rob, I'd suspect a linked line or some kind of blockage (partly frozen maybe). If you turn on just the hot or just the cold does it do the same thing? If so the issue is before the water heater.

Neil Citro
                              2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
                              2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Working...
                              X