No announcement yet.

Water heater bypass valve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In blowing things out, I found that there was water trapped between the water heater isolation valve and the water heater. The line drops between the nautilus panel and the water heater that is located on the opposite side of the trailer. If you not bowing the line out, be sure to run antifreeze through it. I just cracked the valve while plowing things out.

Also the last step I take after putting antifreeze in the lines it to open all faucets and then open the low point drain. I also operate the toilet valve. Doing this siphons a lot of water/antifreeze back out of the system.

Hope this helps
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post

Don't forget to crack open the low point drains after the system is full of antifreeze. (Ask me how I know this ) BTW, replacing the low point drain caps with small valves simplifies this.

Rob
      OK, I'll ask "how do you know"? Wouldn't opening the low drain points allow the antifreeze to run out of the system? Or are you saying crack open and then close?

2020 Reflection 273MK
      2005 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD

Comment

Working...
      X