No announcement yet.

Soft Pex Suction Line at Water pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have to ask no one in particular, why does GD keep doing that on the suction side?
    Ted
    2021 Reflection 310RLS
    2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

Originally posted by RalphMac View Post

This issue still occurs. Our fresh off the lot 2023 367BHS has it. It does give me an opportunity to go to the candy store (aka the hardware store). I've included pics of the collapsed hoses to better illustrate the issue for those who may need the extra visual, red arrows indicate the two lines in question.
      What caused this to collapse? Where you drawing from a bucket or winterizing?

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

I don't really know with any certainty, that's the way it was when I opened things up in the pass through. I suspect it's as others. Proposed, something done by GD or the dealership either winterizing or de-winterizing.

Comment

I replaced the two collapsed hoses today. At the end of the project (any drawn blood or unplanned trip to the hardware store makes it a project) I tested for leaks and it occurred to me: power fill could be the cause. Consider the possiblity that the pump, during power fill, wants more water than is available. Low water pressure on the supply side and higher 'suction' pressure on the demand side surely equals collapsed hoses. Just a hypothesis. . . .

Comment

Working...
          X