390RK Shower door shattered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 390RK Shower door shattered

First trip in our new 390RK. Ensured that everything was stowed properly (twice). Stopped for a potty break and everything was good. Got to our destination and the stow hook holding the triple glass shower doors had come off and one of the doors (the one with the stow pin) had shattered! Going to submit for warranty since the included stow system failed.

Anyone know a better way to stow the triple glass doors than a 30 cent plastic hook?
    2022 390RK. Lux at it's best!

on our 390rk i stow the doors at the end away from the stool. except when climbing in or out. have not had any latch issues.from your pictures it appears that the stool is rotated clockwise slightly. does your seat cover hit the door when lifted? that was the issue that made me change "home" ends for the door.
    2021 Solitude 390RK
    No truck - don't travel

Comment

tortuga No, the stool clears the doors by a couple of inches. A friend suggested I stow the doors using a pool noodle sliced lengthwise covering the tracks bottom and top

Comment

Jtfstone well that sux! Second trailer with this same door latch. It must "snap" down to fully engage (there is a detent), and you can hear a "click". Ours seems like it could use a thin shim to be completely lined up, but it still works ok, (so far, lol)
        Dave and Darren Bakersfield, CA
        2019 GMC Denali dually 4x4 duramax, BW puck hitch, timbrens
        2015 Chevrolet 3500 CC duramax SB SRW (much loved; replaced with dually)
        2021 Solitude 390 RK-R (3 A/C, solar, gen, 8K axles DP glass), comfort ride shocks, VIN 03584
        Max and Riley, our chihuahua/jack russell furbabies

Comment

Also double check the track for any sharp edges. Tempered glass is very strong, but extremely week for edge hits. As for better storage, a good local glass company may be able to help. There are also film coated replacement glass (usually decorative) that wont shatter and scatter like the std tempered doors do. The pool noodle is a good idea too.

Trying to help.
          Keith
          2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Where did you find the replacement panel? Dealer? Were you able to just replace the one panel or did you have to replace the entire door system? We just had the same thing happen to us this weekend.

Can I also ask how expensive it was? (not sure that I really want to know)

Comment

Check your local glass shop. They can order a tempered glass panel to the size you need.
              Joseph
              Tow
              Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
              Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
              South of Houston Texas

Comment

Fortunately I was able to get the door replaced under warranty. No idea of the cost or scope of work. I now travel with a pool noodle sliced lengthwise on the top and bottom tracks to assist the latch

Comment

Wish I could see where your placing the noodles.
                  Sounds like a great idea.
                  USN Engineer Retired
                  2020 RAM 2500 CC 6.7 Cummins
                  2022 GD Reflection 315RLTS

Comment

I stow mine in the back corner of my pole barn. I got tired of the leaking and the difficulty cleaning it. We use a curtain now that weighs about 60# less.
                    2021 Reflection 337RLS, 2021 Silverado 3500HD 6.6 gas. Nellie the wonder boxer

Comment

Working...
                    X