Water pressure boost?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water pressure boost?

I'm staying at a campground, and it's got horrible water pressure.

Can I run the pump (assuming I fill the tank) and have a city water connection at the same time? Essentially use the pump to make up the missing pressure?

I haven't measured it, but it feels like 25-30 psi, and drops as I run the water longer.
    Mike
    2017 Imagine 2800BH pushing a 2019 Ford F150 Platinum

Formerly: 2002 Rockwood Popup

Originally posted by mpking View Post

Can I run the pump (assuming I fill the tank) and have a city water connection at the same time? Essentially use the pump to make up the missing pressure?

I haven't measured it, but it feels like 25-30 psi, and drops as I run the water longer.
    Do you have a Nautilus panel? I am not sure this is possible on the Nautilus, but if you have the traditional check valve setup and gravity fill then it should work. I used to do this on my SOB trailer I had before the Reflection.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
    2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
    2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Originally posted by mpking View Post

Your pump alone should provide sufficient pressure all by itself. How does the pump know how much pressure to 'make up'?
      Mike & Lisa
      Central Florida
      2021 Imagine 2970RL
      1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Comment

You would have to fill then fresh tank and then use the pump with water supply from the fresh tank. The pump has a check valve that will not allow water from the fresh tank fill to enter the pump or the other way around. Easy to do by filling the fresh tank when needed.

Brian
        Brian & Michelle
        2018 Reflection 29RS
        2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

I would just fill your tank and use the pump with city water off, we camp at mostly state campgrounds without city water
          2021 Reflection 303RLS
          2019 Ram 2500 short box 6.4 Hemi
          Anderson ultimate hitch

Comment

Your statement, mpking, that the flow decreases the longer you let the water run is reminiscent of one of my indicators that my pressure reducing valve was shot. Low pressure was another indicator. If you're using a brass PRV with the orange female hose connection it may be time to replace (our units and possibly PRVs look to be about the same age.).
            John
            2018 Momentum 395M
            2018 Ram 3500 Dually
            Every day is a Saturday, but with no lawn to mow.

Comment

There should be a valve setting to use the pump to boost the incoming water pressure. I put a gauge on our incoming hose, between 9 and 11am the pressure is below 20PSI, most of the day it is 25PSI or more. if it is between 30 and 35psi, the shower pressure is perfect. The pump can do this from the holding tank. There should be a way to switch the incoming water to the whole system and boost the water pressure. I will find it and post it.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnHamer View Post
                There should be a valve setting to use the pump to boost the incoming water pressure. I put a gauge on our incoming hose, between 9 and 11am the pressure is below 20PSI, most of the day it is 25PSI or more. if it is between 30 and 35psi, the shower pressure is perfect. The pump can do this from the holding tank. There should be a way to switch the incoming water to the whole system and boost the water pressure. I will find it and post it.
                I have not heard nor seen a way that the on board water pump can be used in conjunction with shore water. The only way the water pump is used is from the fresh tank or syphoning to fill the fresh tank.

Brian
                Brian & Michelle
                2018 Reflection 29RS
                2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Best in this case to just run off the tanks (the pump usually provides in excess of 50PSI, more than city water) and refill as necessary throughout the stay.
                  Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
                  2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
                  2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Are these pressures static (no water flow) or dynamic (water flowing)? If static, then there is an issue with the water supply system. You don't say if you're in a park or at home, but either way, these are very low readings for a water delivery system. As you move from location to location, these readings are likely to change.

If dynamic, then others here can provide information on what they typically see with a tap open (I just haven't paid that much attention to offer any reliable information). Also, if dynamic look at your water usage and consider if changes can be made to keep your pressure up in the 35-psi range.

You probably can tee the water supply line into the pump intake, and the tee back out to the water supply, with valves to allow you to bypass the pump when not needed. Or you could get an in-line booster pump to use when needed on the water supply line.
                    John
                    2018 Momentum 395M
                    2018 Ram 3500 Dually
                    Every day is a Saturday, but with no lawn to mow.

Comment

Working...
                    X