Black Tank valve. - Stem bent!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Tank valve. - Stem bent!!!

Can anyone tell me if they have had the Stem on the Black Tank valve bend? If so, what is an easy fix without changing the entire line. This is a new 2970RL.

Originally posted by Bigred68 View Post
    Can anyone tell me if they have had the Stem on the Black Tank valve bend? If so, what is an easy fix without changing the entire line. This is a new 2970RL.
    Can you post a picture of what you're identifying as a "stem"?

Also, welcome to the forum. We've got a Welcome Letter for New Members that, if you'll take a moment to review it, should help orient to the forum and leverage your time here.

https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members

Howard

P.S. If not sure how to post a picture, look in the Forum Use channel for the thread Insert Photographs in your Thread (or just click the link I provided!)
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

I would think that a couple pair of pliers or vises grips and you would be able to straighten it out, remove the handle if you can.

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Bigred68 I had one of the handles bend right at the panel. I used my hands and straightened it out gently. They have always been a bit stiff and it did not seem to change.
        Joseph
        Tow
        Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
        Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
        South of Houston Texas

Comment

Joseph raises a good question. Is it the actual stem at the gate valve that bent or the stem at the handle end of the cable extension? If the first, most likely looking at replacing the valve. If the second it is time to replace the cable extension and doing a better job of following manufactures installation instructions than GD techs did.
          John
          2018 Momentum 395M
          2018 Ram 3500 Dually
          Every day is a Saturday, but with no lawn to mow.

Comment

Working...
          X