Black tank gate valve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black tank gate valve

How do you keep the black tank gate valve lubed? Very hard to open and close. Would rather not replace. I have a 2015 grand design Solitude
    Last edited by Zerogainman; 03-06-2022, 04:53 PM. Reason: Forgot to put model on

When mine got hard, I used a combination of PB Blaster & Zep 45. I pulled the cable into the basement, squirted a lot down the shaft, propped it up on the ceiling overnight. Rerouted the cable for lazier bends, put it back & started working it back & forth. Repeated this a few times. It's not perfect, but much better than dropping the coroplast. to change it.
    Paul & Sue
    '18 310 GK 10/17 Build
    '15 Ford F350 DRW

Comment

Originally posted by Zerogainman View Post
      How do you keep the black tank gate valve lubed? Very hard to open and close. Would rather not replace. I have a 2015 grand design Solitude
      Welcome to the forum, Paul & Sue (aka Zerogainman -- interesting forum name!). Please take a moment to check out the Welcome Letter to New Members: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members

Your question has been discussed at length in numerous threads. Enter "gate valve" site:gdrvowners.com into your favorite search engine (Google, DuckDuckGo, etc) and you'll see a list of threads to read. Change up the words a bit and you may get even more. If you modify the search slightly to this "gate valve" +"Cate&Rob" site:gdrvowners.com you'll get threads that include a response from my fellow moderator, Cate&Rob , who has covered this topic extensively.

Remember--use google or DuckDuckGo, not this forum's search engine (which is awful).

Howard
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
      2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

There are many discussions about sticking gate valves. A recent one includes my perspective on a key point of friction that cannot be lubricated by way of the pull cable or putting lubricant in the tank. See post #9 in this thread. https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...-lines-315rlts

Rob
        Cate & Rob
        (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
        2015 Reflection 303RLS
        2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
        Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

I have a 2022 Imagine and the black tank valve handle is bent, always hard to operate from day one. The aluminum rod that the handle is attached to is bent and no amount of “ love” will get it to slide through the sleeve. I am on the tip of Baja so parts are hard to come by. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Warren

Comment

Originally posted by surfmutt@aol.com View Post
            I have a 2022 Imagine and the black tank valve handle is bent, always hard to operate from day one. The aluminum rod that the handle is attached to is bent and no amount of “ love” will get it to slide through the sleeve. I am on the tip of Baja so parts are hard to come by. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Warren
            Welcome to the forum! I can't offer you much help, if the rod is bent I'd be looking at replacing the cable and handle assembly, but of parts are an issue that could be tricky. To get you by for now, you might have better look finding a twist on valve to put right on your sewer outlet.

Similar to this:

Valterra Twist-On Waste Valve, Mess-Free Waste Valve for RV's, Campers, Trailers https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000BGHYJS...MW8390H8WAJ3A9

Also it's generally not a good idea to use an email address for a forum name,a lot of bots scour the site and could give you some spam. We (the moderators) can change your name for you just pm me and let me know what you want it to be.

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
            2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
            2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Working...
            X